Your words today, O Lord, are so comforting — after some reprimanding for our sins and misgivings!
And that is how you display your love and mercy and forgiveness that sometimes we fail to see and even recognize.
Despite our being “alive but dead” like the church in Sardis (Rev. 3:1) when we backslide to our old ways of sinfulness as well as our being “neither cold nor hot” like those in Laodicea when we refuse to make a stand for what is true and just, you still come to us, seeking us, trying to bring us back to your fold.
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, then I will enter his house and dine with him, and he with me.
Keep us humble, Lord Jesus, like Zacchaeus who openly admitted his “being short in stature” (Lk.19:3-4) that he had to climb a sycamore tree to see you passing by. And when you finally met him and told him of your coming into his home, he welcomed you right into his heart by being sorry for his sins, promising to repay or recompense those he had extorted money from.
Like the blind man you have healed yesterday and now Zacchaeus, keep us following you Jesus on the middle of the road, leaving our comfort zones, to dirty our hands and garments in doing your works among the poor and needy specially in this time of calamity.
Open our ears to listen to your voice, to be on guard waiting for your coming, to your knocking at our door to welcome you back into our lives.
May we grab every opportunity to welcome you into our lives, Lord Jesus, by turning away from sins and heeding your voice of love and compassion among the poor and suffering. Amen.
- “All Right” by Christopher Cross (1983) | The Lord Is My Chef Sunday Music by Fr. Nick F. Lalog II, 28 February 2021 - Sunday, February 28, 2021 2:33 pm
- The ups and downs from Lent to Easter | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Saturday, February 27, 2021 10:39 am
- Our good God | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Friday, February 26, 2021 2:55 pm
- Learning to pray again in Lent - Thursday, February 25, 2021 2:53 pm
- Be surprised this Lent | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Wednesday, February 24, 2021 10:02 am
- Praying to “smell like sheep” | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Monday, February 22, 2021 10:17 am
- The joy of Lent | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Friday, February 19, 2021 10:18 am
- Choosing life is choosing the Cross | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Thursday, February 18, 2021 9:57 am
- A Lenten Prayer in COVID-19 | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Wednesday, February 17, 2021 10:35 am
- What…? | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul - Monday, February 15, 2021 10:10 am