Radio Veritas, the leading faith-based AM station in the Philippines is inviting the public to tune in to the station’s coverage of the Holy Mass during the “Walk for Creation”, in Burnham Green, Luneta Park, Manila tomorrow, September 1, 2017 at 12 noon.
Radio Veritas President, Rev. Fr. Anton C.T. Pascual encourages the faithful who cannot come to Luneta to join the gathering by listening to the station.
“We are grateful to once again experience this endeavor to unite are brothers and sisters in faith to save our environment and everything created by God. As Radio Veritas takes part in the celebration of the Season of Creation, we aim to bring this closer to the people and reach more Catholics especially those who are in far-flung areas, sick and bedridden, and those who are in need by tuning in to Veritas 846, the station of truth,” Fr. Pascual said.
His Eminence Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle will lead the mass together with Manila Auxiliary Bishop and chairman of the CBCP Episcopal Commission on the Laity Most Reverend Broderick Pabillo, Bangued Bishop and chairman of CBCP Episcopal Commission on Youth Most Reverend Leopoldo Jaucian, and Nueva Caceres Archbishop and National Director of CBCP-NASSA/Caritas Philippines Most Reverend Rolando Tria Tirona.
Apart from the Holy Mass, Radio Veritas will air regular updates from the venue through Veritas Patrol from 4:00am till 8:00am.
The “Walk for Creation” is organized by the Catholic Church through the Global Catholic Climate Movement (GCCM) with its convenor-members: National Secretariat for Social Action (NASSA)/Caritas Philippines, Association of Major Religious Superiors of the Philippines (AMRSP), in cooperation with Radio Veritas, Sangguniang Laiko ng Pilipinas and other organizations.
The Season of Creation runs yearly between September 1 and October 4 to pray and care for creation. September 1 was proclaimed as a World Day of Prayer for Creation, or Creation Day by Ecumenical Patriarch Dimitrios I for the Orthodox in 1989, and was embraced by the other major Christian European churches in 2001 and by His Holiness Pope Francis for the Roman Catholic Church in 2015.
Laudato Si (On Care For Our Common Home) is the second encyclical of Pope Francis, which critiques consumerism and irresponsible development, laments environmental degradation and global warming, and calls all people of the world to take swift and unified global action.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based Radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Marian Images to visit Veritas Chapel - September 9, 2017
- Exorcist Reinstates Caution On ‘Satanic’ Rosaries - September 8, 2017
- 38th Manila International Book Fair - September 8, 2017
- Nuestra Seńora dela Soledad de Porta Vaga to visit Veritas Chapel - September 8, 2017
- Hundreds helped through relentless charity from Good Samaritans - September 7, 2017
- Faithful invited to join the “Mama Mary Birthday Promo” - September 6, 2017
- Devotees invited to venerate the image of Virgen de Peńafrancia at the Veritas Chapel - September 4, 2017
- Veritas 846 to air “Walk for Creation” in Luneta - August 31, 2017
- Image of La Nińa Maria visits Veritas Chapel - August 30, 2017
- Veritas 846 continues to distribute Our Lady of Fatima images - August 24, 2017