Radio Veritas 846, the leading faith-based AM radio station in the Philippines, will air a special programming on January 8 and 9, 2018 to commemorate the feast of the miraculous image of the Black Nazarene or “Traslacion 2018” from Quirino Grandstand to its Basilica in Quiapo, Manila.
The catechetical program “Hello Father 911” and counselling program “Healing Touch” will give way for the live coverage of Traslacion 2018 vigil from 8 pm of January 8, 2018 up to 6 am of January 9, 2018 at the Quirino Grandstand in Manila, including the mass to be presided by Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle, D.D. at 12 mn.
On January 9, updates on the Traslacion will be heard in the news and social concerns programs “Veritas Pilipinas”, “Barangay Simbayanan”, and “Pamilya Mo, Pamilya Ko” live from Quirino Grandstand and Quiapo Church from 6am to 12nn.
From 1 pm to 3 pm, the public affairs program “Good Samaritan” will feature the talk of Diocese of Novaliches Bishop Emeritus Most Rev. Teodoro Bacani, Jr., D.D. on “Mga Tamang Paraan ng Pagdedebosyon sa Black Nazarene” to be anchored by Rev. Fr. Jerome Secillano. A talk on the topic “Bakit Patuloy na Lumalakas ang Pagdedebosyon ng mga tao sa Black Nazarene?” anchored by Rev. Fr. Dars Cabral will also be aired from 6 pm to 8 pm.
The special coverage of Radio Veritas on the “Traslacion” will continue until the image of the Black Nazarene returns Quiapo Church.
The Black Nazarene is a life-sized, dark-colored, wooden sculpture of Jesus Christ that was brought to Manila by Augustinian priests in 1607. It has been known to be miraculous by its Filipino devotees and is being attended by millions of devotees, making it as one of the country’s biggest annual religious procession.
The image of black Nazarene is currently enshrined in the Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo, Manila. The procession commemorates the first parade transferring the statue from a church in Intramuros to Quiapo Church on January 9, 1797.
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- ‘Share your Christmas Campaign’ set by Caritas Manila - November 14, 2018
- SIGNIS Philippines to support Radio Veritas - November 6, 2018
- Caritas Manila to mount 2nd Celebrity Bazaar Press Conference - October 9, 2018
- Venerated images to be enthroned at Veritas Chapel - September 11, 2018
- Nuestra Señora del Mar Cautiva to grace Nativity of the Blessed Mary - September 7, 2018
- Veritas to hold 12th year of Marian Exhibit - August 24, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites the faithful to profess their pledge of devotion to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 12, 2018
- Relics and Image of Blessed Luigi Maria Monti to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - June 14, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites devotees to celebrate Our Lady of Veritas Feast Day - May 10, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites faithful workers to profess their Pledge of Devotion for St. Joseph, The Worker - April 27, 2018