Catholics are invited to join the third part of the Veritas Year of the Parish Pilgrimage to the Jubilee and historical churches in Laguna on August 26, 2017.
As part of the observance of the Year of the Parish, Radio Veritas will lead pilgrims to visit the following Churches in the Diocese of San Pablo: Cathedral of St. Paul the first Hermit in San Pablo City, St. John the Baptist Parish in Liliw, St. John the Baptist Parish in Calamba and St. James the Apostle Parish in Paete, Laguna.
The Veritas Year of the Parish Pilgrimage aims to introduce the rich history of the different parishes in the Philippines to the faithful while fostering a sense of unity in faith among them.
It is also the station’s way of taking part in celebration of the fiftieth anniversary of the creation of the Diocese of San Pablo in the province of Laguna.
The first three of the above mentioned churches are part of the pilgrim Churches assigned by San Pablo Bishop Most Rev. Buenaventura Famadico, D.D. that the faithful can visit from November 28, 2016 to November 28, 2017 in celebration of the diocese’s golden anniversary. St. James the Apostle Parish in Paete, meanwhile is a century old church home to century-old wooden paintings and statues of catholic saints.
Last June 24, 2017, Radio Veritas conducted the first part of the pilgrimage that visited the following churches: Parokya ni San Pedro at San Pablo in Siniloan, Pang Diyosesanong Dambana ng Mahal na Birhen ng Turumba in Pakil, Pang Diyosesanong Dambana Ng Mahal Na Birhen Ng Guadalupe in Pagsanjan, Pang – Diyosesanong Dambana Ni San Antonio De Padua in Pila, Laguna, and Parokya Ni San Agustin in Bay, Laguna.
The second part of the pilgrimage journeyed last July 22, 2017 which includes the following churches: Diocesan Shrine of Jesus in the Holy Sepulcher in Brgy. Landayan, Landayan St., City of San Pedro, Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Parish in Rosario Complex, City of San Pedro, Parish of San Isidro Labrador in Poblacion, City of Biñan and Sta. Rosa de Lima Parish, F. Gomez, Kanluran, Santa Rosa City.
Radio Veritas President Rev. Fr. Anton C.T. Pascual invites the faithful to continue the pilgrimage and pray not only to ask but also to be thankful for God’s blessing.
“As we continue our journey with the Veritas Year of the Parish Pilgrimage let us also take with us the blessing of God’s love and mercy. Let these blessings serve as an instrument for us to be stewards of hope and goodwill as sign of our gratitude,” Fr. Pascual said.
Deadline of registration is on August 23, 2017 at Radio Veritas at 162 West Avenue cor EDSA, Quezon City. A pilgrimage donation of Php 2,200 will be applied to all the participants and a discounted donation of Php 2, 000.00 for full pledged Kapanalig members. The pilgrimage donation is inclusive of transportation, lunch and snack as well as love offering to the chaplain and a certificate of participation.
For inquiries, you may contact (02) 925-7932 Loc: 129 and look for Ms. Renee Jose or Mr. Rey Isabela.
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and evangelization in the country today.
- Caritas Damayan Mindanao telethon, isasagawa ng Radio Veritas - November 8, 2019
- Voice of Truth Radio Veritas Asia and Veritas846 launched their 50th Anniversary Coffee Table Book - November 1, 2019
- ‘Share your Christmas Campaign’ set by Caritas Manila - November 14, 2018
- SIGNIS Philippines to support Radio Veritas - November 6, 2018
- Caritas Manila to mount 2nd Celebrity Bazaar Press Conference - October 9, 2018
- Venerated images to be enthroned at Veritas Chapel - September 11, 2018
- Nuestra Señora del Mar Cautiva to grace Nativity of the Blessed Mary - September 7, 2018
- Veritas to hold 12th year of Marian Exhibit - August 24, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites the faithful to profess their pledge of devotion to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 12, 2018
- Isyu ng Mental Health sa Bansa, Hindi dapat isawalang bahala - June 20, 2018