Mayorya ng mga Filipino ang tutol na i-abolish ang Philippine Health Insurance Corporation o PHILHEALTH.
Sa isinagawang Veritas Truth Survey na may petsang September 25 hanggang October 4, 2020 sa 1,200 respondents nationwide, lumabas na 56-porsiyento ang nagpahayag ng NO sa tanong na “Pabor ka bang i-abolish na ang PHILHEALTH”?
Base sa V-T-S, 39-percent ang nagsabing pabor na i-abolish ang PHILHEALTH habang 5-percent sa mga respondent ang “undecided”.
Isinagawa ang V-T-S matapos ihayag ng Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte na kanyang hihilingin sa Kongreso na tuluyan ng i-abolish ang PHILHEALTH matapos masasangkot ang matataas na opisyal nito sa malawakang katiwalian (corruption).
Iginiit ng Pangulong Duterte na hindi na maisasalba ang PHILHEALTH dahil naubos na ang pondo nito sa corruption na kinasasangkutan ng PHILHEALTH Mafia.
SURVEY ON THE ABOLITION OF PHILHEALTH:
This Survey initiated by Radio Veritas uses a stratified sample of 1,200 respondents nationwide for a +/- 3% margin of error (gathered through a text-based and online data gathering process) the following information is indicative of the respondents’ perception on the Proposed Abolition of PHILHEALTH inclusive of the dates covering September 25 – October 4, 2020.
Results of which are as follows:
Results of which are as follows: Overall, 56% of the respondents refused (said NO) the abolition of PHILHEALTH while 39% agreed (said YES) to the closure of PHILHEALTH. The remaining 5% of the respondents were still undecided on the proposed course of action to be undertaken. Though still more Filipinos still wants PHILHEALTH to remain, a growing number at 39% (4 out of 10 Filipinos) now wants PHILHEALTH to be abolished due to the number of financial controversies that has come to the public’s attention.
“When almost half of the respondents are inclined to abolish PHILHEALTH, it sends a clear signal that urgent reforms must be undertaken. Trust is the glue of any public governance. It is the foundational principle that holds all form of relationship between the state and the people. When it is eroded as reflected by such public sentiment mirrored by this survey, how can it be used effectively to serve the mandate it is supposed to perform?”
BRO. CLIFFORD T. SORITA(contact person)
Sociologist / Head – Veritas Truth Survey
- Morality of using some anti-Covid 19 vaccines - Friday, January 15, 2021 4:34 pm
- Pastoral Statement on COVID-19 Vaccines in the Philippines - Friday, January 15, 2021 1:25 pm
- UST Public Affairs director, namatay sa heart attack - Monday, December 7, 2020 12:54 pm
- Digital technology,lifeline ng Simbahan sa pagpapalaganap ng Mabuting balita - Friday, December 4, 2020 1:02 pm
- Mananampalataya, inaanyayahan sa online advent recollection - Tuesday, December 1, 2020 4:18 pm
- Caritas Philippines, umaapela sa mamamayan na makiisa sa Alay Kapwa Sunday special collection - Saturday, November 14, 2020 3:21 pm
- Online education, negatibo ang epekto sa mga estudyante - Wednesday, November 11, 2020 3:03 pm
- Christ the King Sunday during the pandemic - Friday, November 6, 2020 1:25 pm
- 1-milyong pisong cash aid, ibibigay ng Caritas Manila sa mga sinalanta ng bagyong Rolly - Sunday, November 1, 2020 12:10 pm
- Hindi maaring i-lockdown ang pagkawanggawa-Bishop Evangelista - Wednesday, October 28, 2020 1:38 pm