The Holy Father Francis accepted the renunciation of the pastoral government of the diocese of Lucena (Philippines), presented by H.E. Bishop Emilio Z. Marquez.
The Pope appointed Bishop of Lucena (Philippines) Rev. Fr. Mel Rey M. Uy, clergy of the diocese of Romblon, so far a diocesan economist.
Rev. P. Mel Rey M. Uy
Rev. Paul Mel Rey M. Uy was born in San Agustin, Romblon, on January 6, 1968. He completed philosophical studies at the San Pius X Seminary of Roxas, Capiz, and the theological ones at the University of Santo Tomaso in Manila He then received a Master in Philosophy.
He was ordained a priest for the diocese of Romblon on May 24, 1994.
Later he was Spiritual Director at the San Lorenzo Seminary, Romblon (1995-1996); Director of the Holy Rosary Academy in San Augustin, Romblon (1995-2000); Teacher at the San Lorenzo Seminary and parish priest of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish in Carmen, San Agustin (1998-2004); Parish priest at the St. Antonio de Padua Parish of Agnipa, Romblon and diocesan Chancellor (2004-2009).
Since 1999 he is Director of the Diocesan Commission on Liturgy. Since 2010 she is a diocesan economist, Director of the Diocesan Pastoral Secretariat and a Basic Community.
- ‘Share your Christmas Campaign’ set by Caritas Manila - November 14, 2018
- SIGNIS Philippines to support Radio Veritas - November 6, 2018
- Caritas Manila to mount 2nd Celebrity Bazaar Press Conference - October 9, 2018
- Venerated images to be enthroned at Veritas Chapel - September 11, 2018
- Nuestra Señora del Mar Cautiva to grace Nativity of the Blessed Mary - September 7, 2018
- Veritas to hold 12th year of Marian Exhibit - August 24, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites the faithful to profess their pledge of devotion to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 12, 2018
- Isyu ng Mental Health sa Bansa, Hindi dapat isawalang bahala - June 20, 2018
- Publiko, binalaan laban sa dengue - June 20, 2018
- Kasal, Nakakabuti sa Kalusugan - June 20, 2018