Devotees of St. Therese of the Child Jesus from Lisieux, France may visit her pilgrim relics at the Veritas Chapel in Quezon City on Ash Wednesdy, February 14, 2018.
Saint Therese of the Child Jesus popularly known as “The Little Flower of Jesus” or simply “The Little Flower” was born in France in 1873. She has been a highly influential model of sanctity for Catholics because of the “simplicity and practicality of her approach to the spiritual life”.
The relics are the material remains of saints or holy persons after their death, as well as objects sanctified by contact with their body. The Catholic Church employs the word to distinguish the body or whatever remains of a holy person after death, as well as objects that had an actual contact with saint’s body during his lifetime.
The reliquary of St. Therese that travels around the world (Pilgrim Relics) is originally called the “Centennial Reliquary”, as this was made during the centenary of her death, 1997. It is made from precious tropical scented jacaranda hardwood from South America. The main case of the relics, which is inserted into this reliquary, is a solid silver case, dipped in gold.
Devotees may pray before her image from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel located at the second floor of Veritas Tower, 162 West Avenue cor. EDSA in Quezon City. For inquiries, please call Ms. Renee Jose or Mr. Rey Isabela at (02) 925-7932 to 39 local 129.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based Radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- ‘Share your Christmas Campaign’ set by Caritas Manila - November 14, 2018
- SIGNIS Philippines to support Radio Veritas - November 6, 2018
- Caritas Manila to mount 2nd Celebrity Bazaar Press Conference - October 9, 2018
- Venerated images to be enthroned at Veritas Chapel - September 11, 2018
- Nuestra Señora del Mar Cautiva to grace Nativity of the Blessed Mary - September 7, 2018
- Veritas to hold 12th year of Marian Exhibit - August 24, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites the faithful to profess their pledge of devotion to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 12, 2018
- Relics and Image of Blessed Luigi Maria Monti to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - June 14, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites devotees to celebrate Our Lady of Veritas Feast Day - May 10, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites faithful workers to profess their Pledge of Devotion for St. Joseph, The Worker - April 27, 2018