Radio Veritas 846, the leading faith-based AM radio station in Mega Manila, is set to air “Walk for Life” on February 24, 2018 from 5:30 am to 8:00 am live from the Parade Ground of Quirino Grandstand in Manila.
Public affairs program “Gising Kapatid” from 5:30 am to 6 am and religious program “Servants on the air” with anchor Lito David from 6 am to 7 am will broadcast on the said event to be followed by Eucharistic celebration to be presided by Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle, D.D. from 7 am to 8 am.
Organized by the Catholic Bishops’ Conference the Philippines’ (CBCP) Episcopal Commission though its lay arm Sangguniang Laiko ng Pilipinas (SLP), “Walk for Life” aims to uphold the dignity of life and reiterate the lay people’s stand against the proposed re-imposition of death penalty and the continuous extra judicial killings that are happening in the name of war against drugs.
Radio Veritas President Rev. Fr. Anton C.T. Pascual encouraged the public to join and support the event.
“We are calling the public to defend the life of our brothers and sisters who are weak and defenseless, and fight any forms of threats against the dignity and sanctity of life. Let us all remember that our life is the most precious gift of the Almighty Father, and through his words we must stand,” Fr. Pascual said.
It was in 2006 when the death penalty was abolished in the Philippines during the administration of former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo. However, the Duterte administration has sought to reinstate the punishment to deter the rising crime and drug use in the country.
Participants may register at the Laiko Office in Intramuros, Manila with a registration fee of PHP 250.00 inclusive of the event shirt. For inquiries, please call 527 5388 or 527 3124 and look for Mr. Joseph Jesalva.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based Radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Venerated images to be enthroned at Veritas Chapel - September 11, 2018
- Nuestra Señora del Mar Cautiva to grace Nativity of the Blessed Mary - September 7, 2018
- Veritas to hold 12th year of Marian Exhibit - August 24, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites the faithful to profess their pledge of devotion to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 12, 2018
- Relics and Image of Blessed Luigi Maria Monti to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - June 14, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites devotees to celebrate Our Lady of Veritas Feast Day - May 10, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites faithful workers to profess their Pledge of Devotion for St. Joseph, The Worker - April 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas launches “Ang Radyo ng Simbahan” - April 18, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming on Maundy Thursday to Easter Sunday - March 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming for Holy Tuesday and Wednesday - March 26, 2018