For the commemoration of Maundy Thursday to Easter Sunday, Radio Veritas, the leading faith-based AM radio station in the Philippines, is set to air a special programming on March 29 and April 1, 2018.
The station will start its special programming with the live broadcast of the morning prayer from 6:30 am to 7:00 am to be followed by the Chrism mass live from Manila Cathedral to be presided by Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle, D.D. from 7:00 am to 10:00 am.
The magazine-type program “Katok-Tahanan” from 10:00 am to 12:00 nn will give way to feature the life, vocation and faith experience of Sister MenchieAdvincula of Regina Rosarii to be followed by the Lenten retreat of Pasig Bishop Most Rev.Mylo Hubert Vergara at Santa Clara de Montefalco Parish, Caniogan, Pasig from 1:00 pm to 3:00.
The health advocacy programs “Usapang KKK with Dr. Irene Lim” and “Tahanan at Kalusugan” from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm will feature the Lenten recollection of Rev. Fr. Gerry Orbos.
Also, from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm, Veritas 846 will broadcast live updates of the Visita Iglesia from various basilicas and national shrines to be followed by the Lenten recollection featuring Ms. Ilsa Reyes.
On Good Friday, the station will have a broadcast of the Lenten recollection with Manila Auxiliary Bishop Most Rev. Broderick Pabillo, D.D. live from Araneta Coliseum from 8:00 am to 12:00 nn to be followed by The Siete Palabras 2018 from Sto.Domingo Church in Quezon City from 12:00 nn to 3:00 pm. At 3:00 pm, the veneration of the cross will be aired live from the Diocese of Pasig.
Meanwhile, Radio Veritas President Rev. Fr. Anton CT Pascual and Kalookan Bishop Most Rev. Pablo Virgilio David, D.D. will have their Lenten recollection talks from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm, which will be followed by the reflection of Barangay Simbayanan program host Rev. Fr. Luciano Felloni about “Do all ‘crosses’ have redemptive value?” from 10:00 pm to 12 mn.
On March 31, Black Saturday, the station is set to air the Lenten recollection with Cubao Bishop Most. Rev. HonestoOngtioco, D.D. in the religious program “Kristo, Liwanag sa Dilim” from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Also, an Easter vigil mass will be aired live from the Manila Cathedral from 8:00 pm to 12:00 mn.
On Easter Sunday, April 1, Veritas 846 will broadcast the Easter mass live from San Roque Cathedral in Caloocan City from 6:00 am to 7:00 am to be followed by the station’s anniversary special programming live from SM North EDSA Skydome in Quezon City
Holy Week is a season to recall the events surrounding the suffering, death, and resurrection of Jesus.
Maundy Thursday commemorates the Last Supper, where Christ lays out the model for the Eucharist or Holy Communion. On the other hand, Good Friday commemorates the crucifixion of Jesus and his subsequent death through Stations of the Cross, and other commemorations of the Passion.
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila and is a member of the KBP. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay Award recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- SIGNIS Philippines to support Radio Veritas - November 6, 2018
- Caritas Manila to mount 2nd Celebrity Bazaar Press Conference - October 9, 2018
- Venerated images to be enthroned at Veritas Chapel - September 11, 2018
- Nuestra Señora del Mar Cautiva to grace Nativity of the Blessed Mary - September 7, 2018
- Veritas to hold 12th year of Marian Exhibit - August 24, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites the faithful to profess their pledge of devotion to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 12, 2018
- Relics and Image of Blessed Luigi Maria Monti to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - June 14, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites devotees to celebrate Our Lady of Veritas Feast Day - May 10, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites faithful workers to profess their Pledge of Devotion for St. Joseph, The Worker - April 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas launches “Ang Radyo ng Simbahan” - April 18, 2018