To inspire the faithful on their reflections this Holy Week, Radyo Veritas will air special programs from Holy Tuesday, March 27 to Holy Wednesday, March 28.
Veritas 846 will start the Holy Week programming with the news and public affairs program “Veritas Pilipinas” which will feature the life, vocation and faith experience of Rev. Fr. Dave Conception on Holy Tuesday, March 27, from 6AM to 8AM to be followed by a broadcast of Chrism mass from Malolos, Bulacan at 8 am to 10 am.
Afterwards, Rev. Fr. Matthew Dauchez will discuss his topic “When you give alms to the poor, are you helping or condoning them?”in the magazine program “Katok-Tahanan” with the station’s radio drama “Bakas ng Pagtulong” at 10 am to 12 nn.
The public service program “Good Samaritan” will have Rev. Fr. Jerome Secillano for his talk about the topic “Is the Church still relevant today?” to be followed by the radio drama “Bakas ng Pagsisisi.”at 1PM to 3PM.
Moreover, on March 28, Holy Wednesday, “Veritas Pilipinas” and the advocacy program “Barangay Simbayanan” will feature the priesthood life of Rev. Fr. Chito Suganob and Bishop-elect of Iba in Zambales, Most Rev. Bartolome Santos at 6 am to 10 am.
“Katok-Tahanan” will have Rev. Fr. Joel Saballa to discuss about the topic “Personal Cross: Blessing or Curse?” which will be followed by the radio drama “Bakas ng Aruga” at 10 am to 12 nn.
Also, Rev. Fr. Luciano Felloni will discuss the topic “No greater love than to lay down one’s life for a friend: What does it mean to you?” with radio drama “Bakas ng Pagpapakasakit” in “Good Samaritan” at 1 pm to 3 pm.
Holy Week includes Palm Sunday, Holy Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Black Saturday in which people do the acts of fasting, abstinence and prayer.
This season, Christians commemorate the Passion and death of Jesus Christ, who died on Good Friday in reparation for the sins of mankind, and resurrected on Easter Sunday to give new life to all who believe.
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila and is a member of the KBP. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay Award recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Venerated images to be enthroned at Veritas Chapel - September 11, 2018
- Nuestra Señora del Mar Cautiva to grace Nativity of the Blessed Mary - September 7, 2018
- Veritas to hold 12th year of Marian Exhibit - August 24, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites the faithful to profess their pledge of devotion to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 12, 2018
- Relics and Image of Blessed Luigi Maria Monti to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - June 14, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites devotees to celebrate Our Lady of Veritas Feast Day - May 10, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites faithful workers to profess their Pledge of Devotion for St. Joseph, The Worker - April 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas launches “Ang Radyo ng Simbahan” - April 18, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming on Maundy Thursday to Easter Sunday - March 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming for Holy Tuesday and Wednesday - March 26, 2018