As part of the celebration of her feast day, Radio Veritas846 is inviting all the Catholic faithful to profess their pledge of devotion to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel on July 16, 2018 at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel in EDSA, Quezon City.
The feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel was first instituted in the late 14th century in commemoration of the approval of the rule of the Carmelite Order and entered the Calendar of the universal Church in the early 18th century.
Mount Carmel was taken by the Muslims in 1291 and burned its convent. The spread of the Carmelites in Europe is largely attributable to the work of Saint Simon Stock (1247-1265). The Carmelite Order was formally approved in 1274 at the Council of Lyon.
The faithful may send their prayer requests, petitions, thanksgiving prayers and other intentions until July 16, 2018 which will be offered at the Healing Mass by 12 noon to be presided by Carmelite priest Rev. Fr. Toto Jaranilla. Devotees will receive a brown scapular and image of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, and pledge of devotion certificate.
The brown Scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, according to the Carmelite tradition, was presented by Our Lady to St. Simon Stock on July 16, 1251. Many popes and saints have strongly recommended wearing the Brown Scapular to the Catholic Faithful as it is a practice of piety which by its very simplicity is suited to everyone, and has spread widely among the faithful of Christ to their spiritual profit.
Radio Veritas President Rev. Fr. Anton CT. Pascual encouraged the faithful to strengthen their hope of finding the right path through their prayers to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel.
“Let us take this celebration as our opportunity to free ourselves from sins through Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. Let us strengthen our faith to the Blessed Virgin Mary as she is the way to the Holy Mountain of life everlasting,” Fr. Pascual stated.
Aside from pledge of devotion, Catholic faithful may also pray before the image of St. Simon Stock and Our Lady of Mt. Carmel at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel from 9 am to 6 pm.
Faithful are encouraged to give a PHP500.00 donation pledge in support of the social communications ministry of the Catholic Church. They may hand-over their pledge along with their prayer intention to Mr. Lawrence Valdez, Religious Department Associate at the second floor of Veritas Tower in 162 West Avenue cor. EDSA in Quezon City or deposit it to the following Radio Veritas bank accounts:
Name: DZRV Radio Veritas Foundation, Incorporated
Metrobank Savings Account No.: 076-3-076270210
Banco De Oro Savings Account No.: 001-630011876
BPI Savings Account No.: 0213-3251-91
PNB Savings Account No.: 1059-1001-3091
(Please notify us upon deposit)
For inquiries, you may call (02) 925-7932 to 39 local 129 and look for Ms. Renee Jose or Mr. Lawrence Valdez.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based am radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and evangelization in the country today.
- Radio Veritas invites the faithful to profess their pledge of devotion to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 12, 2018
- Relics and Image of Blessed Luigi Maria Monti to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - June 14, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites devotees to celebrate Our Lady of Veritas Feast Day - May 10, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites faithful workers to profess their Pledge of Devotion for St. Joseph, The Worker - April 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas launches “Ang Radyo ng Simbahan” - April 18, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming on Maundy Thursday to Easter Sunday - March 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming for Holy Tuesday and Wednesday - March 26, 2018
- Radio Veritas to join Earth Hour 2018 - March 21, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites faithful to join Online Prayer Meeting with Bishop Pabillo - March 13, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites families to profess their Pledge of Devotion for St. Joseph, Husband of Mary - March 12, 2018