To foster deep devotion to Saint Joseph among Catholics, and in response to the “May Day” celebrations for workers, Radio Veritas 846 is inviting all the Catholic faithful to profess their pledge of devotion to St. Joseph, The Worker at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel in Quezon City on May 1, 2018.
St. Joseph is the patron saint of workers and illustrates the holiness of human labor. The feast extends the long relationship between Joseph and the cause of workers in both Catholic faith and devotion.
To capture the devotion to Saint Joseph within the Catholic liturgy, in 1870, Pope Pius IX declared St. Joseph the patron of the universal Church. In 1955, Pope Pius XII added the feast of St. Joseph the Worker. This silent saint, who was given the noble task of caring and watching over the Virgin Mary and Jesus, now cares for and watches over the Church and models for all the dignity of human work.
On May 1, the faithful may send their prayer request, petitions, thanksgiving and other intentions, especially for workers, which will be offered at the Healing Mass by 12 noon. Devotees will receive an image of St. Joseph and pledge of devotion certificate.
Radio Veritas President Rev. Fr. Anton CT Pascual encourages all to join the celebration and continue their prayers and profess their devotion to St. Joseph.
“Let us all celebrate the day of workers with peace and joy in our hearts by professing our faith and devotion to St. Joseph, The Worker. May God bless them all who give their time and strength to work faithfully in their profession and for God,” Fr. Pascual said.
The faithful are encouraged to give a PHP500.00 pledge in support of the Social Communications Ministry of the Catholic Church. They may hand-over their pledge along with their prayer intention to Mr. Lawrence Valdez, Religious Department Associate at the second floor of Veritas Tower in 162 West Avenue cor. EDSA in Quezon City or deposit it to the following Radio Veritas bank accounts:
Name: DZRV Radio Veritas Foundation, Incorporated
Metrobank Savings Account No.: 076-3-076270210
Banco De Oro Savings Account No.: 001-630011876
BPI Savings Account No.: 0213-3251-91
(Please notify us upon deposit)
For inquiries, please call Ms. Renee Jose or Mr. Lawrence Valdez at (02) 925-7932 to 39 local 129.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based Radio in the Philippines, owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- A better World for all Caritas Manila receives support from Megaworld Corporation - January 8, 2020
- Caritas Damayan Mindanao telethon, isasagawa ng Radio Veritas - November 8, 2019
- Voice of Truth Radio Veritas Asia and Veritas846 launched their 50th Anniversary Coffee Table Book - November 1, 2019
- ‘Share your Christmas Campaign’ set by Caritas Manila - November 14, 2018
- SIGNIS Philippines to support Radio Veritas - November 6, 2018
- Caritas Manila to mount 2nd Celebrity Bazaar Press Conference - October 9, 2018
- Venerated images to be enthroned at Veritas Chapel - September 11, 2018
- Nuestra Señora del Mar Cautiva to grace Nativity of the Blessed Mary - September 7, 2018
- Veritas to hold 12th year of Marian Exhibit - August 24, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites the faithful to profess their pledge of devotion to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 12, 2018