Radio Veritas, the leading faith-based AM radio station in Mega Manila, is inviting the faithful to take part in the Stations of the Cross at Our Lady of Veritas Chapel in Quezon City every Friday at 11:30 am which will be followed by a Holy mass.
The Stations of the Cross is a 14-step Catholic devotion that commemorates the passion of Jesus Christ on Earth as human. These 14 devotions, or stations, focus on specific events of His suffering, beginning with His condemnation. The stations are commonly used as a mini pilgrimage as the individual moves from one station to another.
Every individual recalls and meditates on a specific event from Christ’s last day at each station. Specific prayers are recited, and afterwards, the individual moves to the next station until all 14 are completed.
It is commonly found in churches as a series of 14 small icons or images. They can also appear in church yards arranged along paths. These stations are mostly prayed during Wednesdays and Fridays of Lent, most especially on Good Friday, the day of the year upon which the events actually occurred.
Radio Veritas President Rev. Fr. Anton C.T. Pascual invites the faithful to take part on the said activity.
“We are calling all the faithful to come and join us in our prayers for the Stations of the Cross. Let us take the season of Lent as an opportunity to reflect on the sacrifice of our Savior by offering our time and ourselves to Him through prayers and sacrifice,” Fr. Pascual said.
For inquiries, please call (02) 925-7932 to 39 local 129 and look for Ms. Renee Jose or Mr. Lawrence Valdez.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based Radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Venerated images to be enthroned at Veritas Chapel - September 11, 2018
- Nuestra Señora del Mar Cautiva to grace Nativity of the Blessed Mary - September 7, 2018
- Veritas to hold 12th year of Marian Exhibit - August 24, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites the faithful to profess their pledge of devotion to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 12, 2018
- Relics and Image of Blessed Luigi Maria Monti to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - June 14, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites devotees to celebrate Our Lady of Veritas Feast Day - May 10, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites faithful workers to profess their Pledge of Devotion for St. Joseph, The Worker - April 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas launches “Ang Radyo ng Simbahan” - April 18, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming on Maundy Thursday to Easter Sunday - March 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming for Holy Tuesday and Wednesday - March 26, 2018