This 2018, Radio Veritas strengthens its social concerns program to help more poor-in-crisis by extending its public affairs program “Good Samaritan” for two hours.
The extended program aims to provide more assistance to the underprivileged by tapping those people with generous heart who are willing to share their blessings with their brethren.
In 2017, the program had provided assistance to 2,084 persons. Meanwhile, the Good Samaritan Mission on Ground had successfully served a total of 548 clients on its medical mission.
Through “Good Samaritan”, the station accepts request for an on-air appeal of those who are in need and will find “Good Samaritans” to help them. These pleas will be air during the program and are also announced to other programs of the station to reach those who are willing to help and support as a concrete faith response.
Radio Veritas has been serving the people through “Good Samaritan” airing Monday to Friday from 1:00pm-3:00pm. The program also features Church organizations and institutions providing help and support to different underprivileged sectors of our society such as street children, drug dependents, battered women, the homeless, among others.
Radio Veritas President Rev. Fr. Anton C.T. Pascual encourages and reminds all the faithful to support the program and its mission to give hand to the underprivileged.
“As children of God, we must always remember that our mission is to provide help for those who are in need. God is providing us blessings that are more than to our expectation because He wants us to learn how to share. God is calling us to be his instrument that provides hope and joy to others,” Fr. Pascual said.
Good Samaritan is a term that originates from the parable told by Jesus in the Bible, Luke 10:25–37 about a Samaritan (a man from a country called Samaria) who helps out a Jewish man who is ambushed by thieves and left to die. This was all the more selfless act considering that the Jewish and Samaritan people in those times usually did not associate with each other.
To all those who want to make an appeal or send help, you may visit Radio Veritas station located at 162 West Avenue corner, EDSA, Quezon City or you may call the kapanalig hotline 925-7931 to 40 or email at [email protected] The official Facebook page www.facebook.com/Veritasph is in also available to assist those who are in need.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based AM radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and evangelization in the country today.
- Radio Veritas special programming for “Walk for Life” - February 15, 2018
- Cardinal leads National Seminary Meet in Bulacan - February 13, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming for the feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes - February 7, 2018
- Devotees invited to profess their Pledge of Devotion for Our Lady of Lourdes - February 5, 2018
- Relics of St.Therese of the Child Jesus to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - January 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas to launch “Truth Encounter Webinar” program - January 26, 2018
- Ash Wednesday Mass in Our Lady of Veritas Chapel - January 25, 2018
- Call for donations for Province of Albay affected by Mayon Volcano, hazardous eruption imminent - January 23, 2018
- Radio Veritas to air Katolikong Formation Series Year 15, Sto. Niño de Pandacan Feast - January 19, 2018
- Radio Veritas to air Catholic Media in Challenging Times with Cardinal Tagle - January 18, 2018