Radio Veritas, the leading faith-based am station in Mega Manila, gives back this holiday season as the station sends out gifts for all Kapanalig through their “Oras-oras Papremyo, Christmas Regalo Para sa Pamilya Mo” as part of their Christmas Special programming from December 24 to 25, 2017.
The station is set to air the Solemn Mass of Christmas Eve (December 24) to be presided by Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle, D.D. via delayed broadcast from 11 pm to 12 midnight from the Manila Cathedral in Intramuros, Manila.
During the two-day special programming, Radio Veritas will also feature talks and reflections about Christmas. The news and social concern program “Barangay Simbayanan” will feature the talk of Rev. Fr. Joel Saballa on “What is Christmas in an era of consumerism?” from 8 am to 10 am to be followed by “Good Samaritan” program with Rev. Fr. Jerome Secillo on his talk on “Christmas in the time of war and poverty” by 1 pm.
On December 25, the station will have a delayed broadcast of the Nativity Mass to be presided by Cubao Bishop Most Rev. Honesto Ongtioco, D.D from the Nativity of Our Lord Parish in Quezon City at 12:15 nn.
The station will also air the “Urbi et Orbi” or the papal address and apostolic blessings given to the city of Rome and to the entire world by Pope Francis from 8 pm to 9 pm.
Meanwhile, two lucky winners will be chosen every hour in “Oras-oras Papremyo, Christmas Regalo Para sa Pamilya Mo” who will receive special gifts such as Pope Francis Commemorative item, towel, umbrella, round fan, Ashitaba tea, book, and noche buena package.
There will be a total of 96 lucky winners and may claim their prizes at Veritas Tower, 162 West Avenue cor. EDSA, Quezon City from 8 am to 5 pm.
Radio Veritas President Rev. Fr. Anton C.T. Pascual gave his message and expressed his gratitude to the listeners.
“As we are about to celebrate the birth of our Savior this Christmas, we should remember that the real essence of Christmas is not about giving gifts, rather it is a season of sharing and bringing joy to others. May our celebration of Christmas be filled with hope and love of God. We would like to wish you all a blessed Christmas and a peaceful new year,” Fr. Anton said.
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and evangelization in the country today.
- Radio Veritas to air Katolikong Formation Series Year 15, Sto. Niño de Pandacan Feast - January 19, 2018
- Radio Veritas to air Catholic Media in Challenging Times with Cardinal Tagle - January 18, 2018
- Radio Veritas’ “Good Samaritan” program extended to 2 hours - January 16, 2018
- Veritas 846 to live Online Prayer Meeting for Sto. Niño with Bishop Pabillo - January 13, 2018
- Servant Leadership in Business Conference - January 10, 2018
- Servant Leadership in Public Service Book Launch - January 10, 2018
- Radio Veritas holds Sr. Sto. Niño exhibit - January 9, 2018
- Traslacion 2018: Radio Veritas Special Programming - January 6, 2018
- Maria Auxiliadora de Marawi visits Radio Veritas chapel - January 5, 2018
- Radio Veritas on its Christmas day special programming - December 22, 2017