Radio Veritas 846, the leading faith-based AM station in the Mega Manila, is set to air the 60th Anniversary of the Post-War Manila Cathedral on December 8, 2017 from Minor Basilica and Metropolitan Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Intramuros, Manila.
The station will have a live broadcast of the Eucharistic celebration to be presided by Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle, D.D. by 12 nn “Misa sa Veritas”, and will also serve as the celebration for the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, Principal Patroness of the Philippines and titular of the Manila Cathedral.
The Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception was established and administered the religious affairs of Manila until such time it became a parish and Manila was created into a diocese. It was a simple structure of nipa and bamboo, materials which were readily available during that time, and the fire that razed the city in 1583 prompted the first reconstruction of the church.
Over the last four centuries, the Manila Cathedral was destroyed by wars and earthquakes seven times. In the year 1954 until 1958, the present cathedral was constructed under Rufino Jiao Cardinal Santos with the supervision of the notable Filipino architect Fernando H. Ocampo.
The dogma of the Immaculate Conception, as solemnly defined by Pope Pius IX in 1854, teaches that the most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instant of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin.
In the Philippines, the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception is a holy day of obligation which the faithful are obliged to hear mass and abstain from servile work.
Devotees may also attend the off-air mass at 12:15 nn at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel at the second floor of Veritas Tower, 162 West Avenue cor. EDSA, Quezon City.
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Radio Veritas special programming for “Walk for Life” - February 15, 2018
- Cardinal leads National Seminary Meet in Bulacan - February 13, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming for the feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes - February 7, 2018
- Devotees invited to profess their Pledge of Devotion for Our Lady of Lourdes - February 5, 2018
- Relics of St.Therese of the Child Jesus to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - January 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas to launch “Truth Encounter Webinar” program - January 26, 2018
- Ash Wednesday Mass in Our Lady of Veritas Chapel - January 25, 2018
- Call for donations for Province of Albay affected by Mayon Volcano, hazardous eruption imminent - January 23, 2018
- Radio Veritas to air Katolikong Formation Series Year 15, Sto. Niño de Pandacan Feast - January 19, 2018
- Radio Veritas to air Catholic Media in Challenging Times with Cardinal Tagle - January 18, 2018