Radio Veritas 846, the leading faith-based AM station in the Mega Manila, is set to air the 60th Anniversary of the Post-War Manila Cathedral on December 8, 2017 from Minor Basilica and Metropolitan Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Intramuros, Manila.
The station will have a live broadcast of the Eucharistic celebration to be presided by Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle, D.D. by 12 nn “Misa sa Veritas”, and will also serve as the celebration for the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, Principal Patroness of the Philippines and titular of the Manila Cathedral.
The Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception was established and administered the religious affairs of Manila until such time it became a parish and Manila was created into a diocese. It was a simple structure of nipa and bamboo, materials which were readily available during that time, and the fire that razed the city in 1583 prompted the first reconstruction of the church.
Over the last four centuries, the Manila Cathedral was destroyed by wars and earthquakes seven times. In the year 1954 until 1958, the present cathedral was constructed under Rufino Jiao Cardinal Santos with the supervision of the notable Filipino architect Fernando H. Ocampo.
The dogma of the Immaculate Conception, as solemnly defined by Pope Pius IX in 1854, teaches that the most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instant of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin.
In the Philippines, the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception is a holy day of obligation which the faithful are obliged to hear mass and abstain from servile work.
Devotees may also attend the off-air mass at 12:15 nn at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel at the second floor of Veritas Tower, 162 West Avenue cor. EDSA, Quezon City.
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Radio Veritas invites devotees to celebrate Our Lady of Veritas Feast Day - May 10, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites faithful workers to profess their Pledge of Devotion for St. Joseph, The Worker - April 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas launches “Ang Radyo ng Simbahan” - April 18, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming on Maundy Thursday to Easter Sunday - March 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming for Holy Tuesday and Wednesday - March 26, 2018
- Radio Veritas to join Earth Hour 2018 - March 21, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites faithful to join Online Prayer Meeting with Bishop Pabillo - March 13, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites families to profess their Pledge of Devotion for St. Joseph, Husband of Mary - March 12, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites the faithful for Stations of the Cross at Veritas Chapel - February 28, 2018
- Bishop David heads on socio-environmental issues - February 27, 2018