Radio Veritas 846, the leading faith-based AM station in the Mega Manila, is set to air the Canonical Coronation of Nuestra Señora del Pilar on December 7, 2017 from Our Lady of the Pillar Church in Sta. Cruz, Manila.
The Thursday edition of the program “Hello Father 911” from 9 pm to 11 pm will give way for the delayed broadcast of the solemn celebration to be presided by Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle, D.D.
The Canonical Coronation is a pious institutional act of the Pope through Papal Bull wherein the Roman Catholic Church recognized a Marian, Josephian or Christological image under a specific name and designates a crown on it either by a Papal Legate or Papal Nuncio.
The celebration will be taken in response to the request of Cardinal Tagle together with the devotees to Pope Francis last June 27, 2017.
The miraculous image of the Nuestra Señora del Pilar was brought in the Philippines by Jesuit priests from Spain. It is said that it was placed in Sta. Cruz in Manila before the year of 1743 wherein the Confradia de Nuestra Señora del Pilar was established.
In the mid-19th century, Nuestra Señora del Pilar was declared as the official patroness of Sta. Cruz and celebrated its liturgical feast every 12th of October.
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Radio Veritas to air Manila Cathedral’s “Post-War 60th Anniversary” - December 7, 2017
- Radio Veritas to air Our Lady of the Pillar Church’s “Nuestra Señora del Pilar Canonical Coronation” - December 5, 2017
- Radio Veritas to air Diocese of Malolos’ 41st Anniversary of the Dedication of Malolos Cathedral, Launch of Year of Clergy and Consecrated Persons - December 1, 2017
- Radio Veritas to air Archdiocese of Manila’s Year of the Clergy and Consecrated Persons launch - November 29, 2017
- Radio Veritas to air Diocese of San Pablo’s “Closing Ceremonies of the Golden Jubilee” - November 28, 2017