Radio Veritas 846, the leading faith-based AM station in the Philippines, is set to air the closing ceremonies of the “Golden Jubilee of the Diocese of San Pablo”on November 30, 2017, Thursday live from St. Paul the First Hermit Cathedral in San Pablo City, Laguna.
The station will pre-empt programs “Tagumpay sa Kalusugan”, “Natural Healing on-the-air”, “Usapang KKK with Dr. Irene Lim”, “Tahanan at kalusugan”, “Pandesal Forum”, and “Digma ng Buhay” from2 pm to 7 pm to make way for the Eucharistic Celebration and the closing of the Holy Door at the San Pablo Cathedral to be led by Bishop of San Pablo Most Rev. Buenaventura M. Famadico, D.D. followed by the coverage of the “Grand Jubilee Procession”.
The Grand Jubilee Procession will be participated by all parishes in the Diocese of San Pablo, including miraculous image of Jesus in the Holy Sepulchre more popularly known as “Lolo Uweng of Landayan, San Pedro City, and popularly venerated Our Lady of Sorrows of Turumba.
Bishop Famadico explains the importance of the ceremony and encourages the faithful to join the celebration. “It would be better to express our love by means of a solemn prayer and willingness to sacrifice ourselves to help others,” Bishop Famadico said.
Meanwhile, Rev. Fr. David Reyes, Director of San Pablo Diocesan Commission on Social Communications, advises the public on road closures and heavy traffic in San Pablo City due to the celebration.
The Diocese of San Pablo is composed of 2.8 million faithful Catholics from 87 parishes from six cities and 24 towns of Laguna. It was established on November 28, 1966 by Pope Paul VI through the Apostolic Constitution “Ecclesiarum per ampla.”
Part of the Golden Jubilee celebration of the diocese is the designation of twelve (12) pilgrim Churches where the faithful may obtain indulgences, namely, St. Paul the First Hermit Cathedral (San Pablo City), Diocesan Shrine of Jesus in the Holy Sepulcher (Landayan, City of San Pedro),Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Parish (Rosario Complex, City of San Pedro), Parish of San Isidro Labrador (Poblacion, City of Biñan), Sta. Rosa de Lima Parish Church (Poblacion, Sta. Rosa City), St. John the Baptist Parish (Poblacion, Calamba City), St. Augustine Parish (Poblacion, Bay),Diocesan Shrine of Saint Anthony of Padua(Poblacion, Pila),St. John the Baptist Parish (Poblacion, Liliw),Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe(Poblacion, Pagsanjan), Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Turumba (Poblacion, Pakil), and Parish of St. Peter and Paul (Poblacion, Siniloan)
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Radio Veritas invites the faithful to profess their pledge of devotion to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 12, 2018
- Relics and Image of Blessed Luigi Maria Monti to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - June 14, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites devotees to celebrate Our Lady of Veritas Feast Day - May 10, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites faithful workers to profess their Pledge of Devotion for St. Joseph, The Worker - April 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas launches “Ang Radyo ng Simbahan” - April 18, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming on Maundy Thursday to Easter Sunday - March 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming for Holy Tuesday and Wednesday - March 26, 2018
- Radio Veritas to join Earth Hour 2018 - March 21, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites faithful to join Online Prayer Meeting with Bishop Pabillo - March 13, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites families to profess their Pledge of Devotion for St. Joseph, Husband of Mary - March 12, 2018