Radio Veritas 846, the leading faith-based AM station in the Philippines, is set to air the closing ceremonies of the “Golden Jubilee of the Diocese of San Pablo”on November 30, 2017, Thursday live from St. Paul the First Hermit Cathedral in San Pablo City, Laguna.
The station will pre-empt programs “Tagumpay sa Kalusugan”, “Natural Healing on-the-air”, “Usapang KKK with Dr. Irene Lim”, “Tahanan at kalusugan”, “Pandesal Forum”, and “Digma ng Buhay” from2 pm to 7 pm to make way for the Eucharistic Celebration and the closing of the Holy Door at the San Pablo Cathedral to be led by Bishop of San Pablo Most Rev. Buenaventura M. Famadico, D.D. followed by the coverage of the “Grand Jubilee Procession”.
The Grand Jubilee Procession will be participated by all parishes in the Diocese of San Pablo, including miraculous image of Jesus in the Holy Sepulchre more popularly known as “Lolo Uweng of Landayan, San Pedro City, and popularly venerated Our Lady of Sorrows of Turumba.
Bishop Famadico explains the importance of the ceremony and encourages the faithful to join the celebration. “It would be better to express our love by means of a solemn prayer and willingness to sacrifice ourselves to help others,” Bishop Famadico said.
Meanwhile, Rev. Fr. David Reyes, Director of San Pablo Diocesan Commission on Social Communications, advises the public on road closures and heavy traffic in San Pablo City due to the celebration.
The Diocese of San Pablo is composed of 2.8 million faithful Catholics from 87 parishes from six cities and 24 towns of Laguna. It was established on November 28, 1966 by Pope Paul VI through the Apostolic Constitution “Ecclesiarum per ampla.”
Part of the Golden Jubilee celebration of the diocese is the designation of twelve (12) pilgrim Churches where the faithful may obtain indulgences, namely, St. Paul the First Hermit Cathedral (San Pablo City), Diocesan Shrine of Jesus in the Holy Sepulcher (Landayan, City of San Pedro),Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Parish (Rosario Complex, City of San Pedro), Parish of San Isidro Labrador (Poblacion, City of Biñan), Sta. Rosa de Lima Parish Church (Poblacion, Sta. Rosa City), St. John the Baptist Parish (Poblacion, Calamba City), St. Augustine Parish (Poblacion, Bay),Diocesan Shrine of Saint Anthony of Padua(Poblacion, Pila),St. John the Baptist Parish (Poblacion, Liliw),Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe(Poblacion, Pagsanjan), Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Turumba (Poblacion, Pakil), and Parish of St. Peter and Paul (Poblacion, Siniloan)
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Radio Veritas special programming for “Walk for Life” - February 15, 2018
- Cardinal leads National Seminary Meet in Bulacan - February 13, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming for the feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes - February 7, 2018
- Devotees invited to profess their Pledge of Devotion for Our Lady of Lourdes - February 5, 2018
- Relics of St.Therese of the Child Jesus to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - January 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas to launch “Truth Encounter Webinar” program - January 26, 2018
- Ash Wednesday Mass in Our Lady of Veritas Chapel - January 25, 2018
- Call for donations for Province of Albay affected by Mayon Volcano, hazardous eruption imminent - January 23, 2018
- Radio Veritas to air Katolikong Formation Series Year 15, Sto. Niño de Pandacan Feast - January 19, 2018
- Radio Veritas to air Catholic Media in Challenging Times with Cardinal Tagle - January 18, 2018