Radio Veritas 846, the leading faith-based AM station in Mega Manila, is set to air the 41st Anniversary of the Dedication of the Cathedral – Basilica Minore of the Immaculate Conception to be led by Cotabato Archbishop Orlando Cardinal Quevedo, O.M.I., D.D, on December 4, 2017, Monday live from Malolos City, Bulacan.
The station will pre-empt the second hour of the news and social concerns program “Barangay Simbayanan” and the first hour of the magazine program “Pamilya Mo, Pamilya Ko” from 9 am to 11 am to make way for the broadcast of the Eucharistic Celebration, which will also serve as the Diocesan launching of the Year of the Clergy and Consecrated Persons with the theme “Renewed Servant-Leaders for the New Evangelization.”
Before the mass, processions with the members of the clergy, consecrated persons and Parish Pastoral Councils from different parishes in Bulacan and Valenzuela City will start from various areas in Malolos City at 7:30am, while the solemn lauds to be led by Rev. Msgr. Andres S. Valera, HP at will be held at 8:15am.
During the First Philippine Republic, the Malolos Cathedral convent served as served as the presidential palace of Emilio Aguinaldo from September 15, 1898 to March 31, 1899.
The Diocese of Malolos was created on November 25, 1961 and Malolos Cathedral became the site of the formal installation of the first resident bishop of Malolos, the late Most. Rev. Manuel del Rosario, D.D. on March 11, 1962.
The cathedral together with the new bishop’s palace was again consecrated by the then Papal Nuncio Archbishop Bruno Torpigliani, D.D. on December 4, 1976.
The fourth and current bishop of Malolos is the Most Rev. Jose F. Oliveros, D.D.
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Radio Veritas special programming for “Walk for Life” - February 15, 2018
- Cardinal leads National Seminary Meet in Bulacan - February 13, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming for the feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes - February 7, 2018
- Devotees invited to profess their Pledge of Devotion for Our Lady of Lourdes - February 5, 2018
- Relics of St.Therese of the Child Jesus to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - January 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas to launch “Truth Encounter Webinar” program - January 26, 2018
- Ash Wednesday Mass in Our Lady of Veritas Chapel - January 25, 2018
- Call for donations for Province of Albay affected by Mayon Volcano, hazardous eruption imminent - January 23, 2018
- Radio Veritas to air Katolikong Formation Series Year 15, Sto. Niño de Pandacan Feast - January 19, 2018
- Radio Veritas to air Catholic Media in Challenging Times with Cardinal Tagle - January 18, 2018