Radio Veritas 846, the leading faith-based AM station in Mega Manila, is set to air the 41st Anniversary of the Dedication of the Cathedral – Basilica Minore of the Immaculate Conception to be led by Cotabato Archbishop Orlando Cardinal Quevedo, O.M.I., D.D, on December 4, 2017, Monday live from Malolos City, Bulacan.
The station will pre-empt the second hour of the news and social concerns program “Barangay Simbayanan” and the first hour of the magazine program “Pamilya Mo, Pamilya Ko” from 9 am to 11 am to make way for the broadcast of the Eucharistic Celebration, which will also serve as the Diocesan launching of the Year of the Clergy and Consecrated Persons with the theme “Renewed Servant-Leaders for the New Evangelization.”
Before the mass, processions with the members of the clergy, consecrated persons and Parish Pastoral Councils from different parishes in Bulacan and Valenzuela City will start from various areas in Malolos City at 7:30am, while the solemn lauds to be led by Rev. Msgr. Andres S. Valera, HP at will be held at 8:15am.
During the First Philippine Republic, the Malolos Cathedral convent served as served as the presidential palace of Emilio Aguinaldo from September 15, 1898 to March 31, 1899.
The Diocese of Malolos was created on November 25, 1961 and Malolos Cathedral became the site of the formal installation of the first resident bishop of Malolos, the late Most. Rev. Manuel del Rosario, D.D. on March 11, 1962.
The cathedral together with the new bishop’s palace was again consecrated by the then Papal Nuncio Archbishop Bruno Torpigliani, D.D. on December 4, 1976.
The fourth and current bishop of Malolos is the Most Rev. Jose F. Oliveros, D.D.
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Radio Veritas invites devotees to celebrate Our Lady of Veritas Feast Day - May 10, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites faithful workers to profess their Pledge of Devotion for St. Joseph, The Worker - April 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas launches “Ang Radyo ng Simbahan” - April 18, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming on Maundy Thursday to Easter Sunday - March 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming for Holy Tuesday and Wednesday - March 26, 2018
- Radio Veritas to join Earth Hour 2018 - March 21, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites faithful to join Online Prayer Meeting with Bishop Pabillo - March 13, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites families to profess their Pledge of Devotion for St. Joseph, Husband of Mary - March 12, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites the faithful for Stations of the Cross at Veritas Chapel - February 28, 2018
- Bishop David heads on socio-environmental issues - February 27, 2018