Radio Veritas to air Archdiocese of Manila’s Year of the Clergy and Consecrated Persons launch
Radio Veritas 846, the leading faith-based AM station in Mega Manila, is set to air the Archdiocese of Manila’s opening celebration of Year of the Clergy and Consecrated Persons on November 30, 2017 live from Rizal Memorial Sports Complex in Malate, Manila.
The station will pre-empt the news and social concerns program “Barangay Simbayanan” and the first hour of the magazine program “Pamilya Mo, Pamilya Ko” and will broadcast from 8 am to 11 am the program hosted by Rev. Fr. Hans Magdurulang, parochial vicar of San Felipe Neri Parish in Mandaluyong City and Ms. Gaines Rosario of the San Lorenzo Ruiz Lay Formation Center, as well as the talk of San Pablo Bishop and Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) Episcopal Commission on Clergy Head Most Rev. Buenaventura Famadico, D.D.
The event will also serve as the Archdiocese’s culminating activity for the Year of the Parish as Communion of Communities.
The closing of the Year of the Parish as Communion of Communities and the opening of the Year of the Clergy and Consecrated Persons is part of the nine-year spiritual journey for the new evangelization declared by the CBCP that will culminate on March 16, 2021, the fifth centenary of the coming of Christianity in the Philippines.
With the theme “Renewed Servant Leaders for the New Evangelization”, the Year of the Clergy and Consecrated Persons is the sixth of the nine-year spiritual journey, and is set to begin on December 3, 2017, the first Sunday of Advent, and will close on November 25, 2018, the solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe.
“The year 2021 is an important milestone for the Catholic Church in the Philippines. Through our radio and social media, those who wish to join the opening of the Year of the Clergy and Consecrated Person but are unable to do so in person will be able to take part, and together with our priests and consecrated persons be recipients and active agents of new evangelization,” Radio Veritas president Rev. Fr. Anton Pascual said.
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Radio Veritas special programming for “Walk for Life” - February 15, 2018
- Cardinal leads National Seminary Meet in Bulacan - February 13, 2018
- Radio Veritas special programming for the feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes - February 7, 2018
- Devotees invited to profess their Pledge of Devotion for Our Lady of Lourdes - February 5, 2018
- Relics of St.Therese of the Child Jesus to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - January 27, 2018
- Radio Veritas to launch “Truth Encounter Webinar” program - January 26, 2018
- Ash Wednesday Mass in Our Lady of Veritas Chapel - January 25, 2018
- Call for donations for Province of Albay affected by Mayon Volcano, hazardous eruption imminent - January 23, 2018
- Radio Veritas to air Katolikong Formation Series Year 15, Sto. Niño de Pandacan Feast - January 19, 2018
- Radio Veritas to air Catholic Media in Challenging Times with Cardinal Tagle - January 18, 2018