As we all go back to work and studies this Monday, so many of our brothers and sisters are staying home, some are remaining in the hospitals while many others are in some form of living in the territory of Gerasenes like in today’s gospel living in isolation, cut off from our human community.
I pray for them, dear God our Father.
I pray for those living in isolation due to various reasons like severe sickness and disability including old age, poverty and other social illnesses that have left them with marks and stigma that cut them off from the rest of our human community.
The man had been dwelling among the tombs, and no one could restrain him any longer, even with a chain. In fact, he had frequently been bound with shackles and chains, but the chains had been pulled apart by him and the shackles smashed, and no one was strong enough to subdue him. Night and day among the tombs and on the hillsides he was always crying out and bruising himself with stones.
So many people today are suffering loneliness and isolation, Lord, the plague of our modern age when we are supposed to be more mobile and connected with everyone due to modern means of communications and transportation.
Worst, the pandemic had cut them off so painfully from others as life gets more difficult for everyone these days.
Increase their faith, remind them like the author of Hebrews, of how men and women in the Old Testament trusted in you and overcame all obstacles in life.
Help us discern concrete steps we may take to reach out to those living in isolation so we may welcome them back to our community to experience again the joy of companionship especially in critical moments of sickness and difficulties.
Come, Lord Jesus Christ, come and set us free from the chains and shackles that bound us away from each other; heal us of our illnesses that separate us so that we may be cleansed anew to proclaim your glory of living together as a community. Amen.
- “Breakout” by Swing Out Sister (1986) | The Lord Is My Chef Sunday Music - Sunday, May 9, 2021 9:48 am
- Maturing in Jesus our true vine | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Wednesday, May 5, 2021 10:42 am
- Prayer to work centered on the Lord like St. Joseph | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Saturday, May 1, 2021 5:41 pm
- The need to be one in Christ - Friday, April 30, 2021 9:19 am
- Praying for my “His Story” | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Thursday, April 29, 2021 7:07 am
- Praying to gather those scattered | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Tuesday, April 27, 2021 7:48 am
- Praying for more conversions | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Friday, April 23, 2021 6:21 am
- Pantry for the body, pantry for the soul | Quiet Storm by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Thursday, April 22, 2021 2:23 pm
- Awit para sa Paminggalang Pampamayanan (Community Pantry) | Lawiswis ng Salita ni P. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Wednesday, April 21, 2021 10:09 pm
- What the Holy Spirit does vs. what we can do | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Tuesday, April 20, 2021 12:04 pm