Tiwala si University of Asia and the Pacific (UA&P) Prof. Bernardo Villegas na makatatayo ang Pilipinas kahit wala ang tulong ng European Union (EU).
Ayon kay Villegas, mananatiling matatag ang ekonomiya ng Pilipinas dahil sa suporta ng mga kalapit na bansa sa Hilagang Silangang Asya na walang hinihinging kapalit o kondisyon sa pagbibigay ng tulong.
“We will survive because the ones who can really help us most are Northeast Asian neighbors. They have all the capitals and are also growing and they are not like Europe that is languishing, they are not like US that has a lot of debts because of the very conflicting policies of Trump. The ones who can really help us are the Japanese, Korean, the Taiwanese and these people are not sensitive to human rights violations. We may make mistakes but they respect our mistakes that the way really nations treat one another,” pahayag ni Villegas.
Idinagdag pa ni Villegas na dahil sa tuloy-tuloy na paglago ng ekonomiya ng Pilipinas na isa sa pinakamabilis sa buong mundo ay maraming mga kapitalista ang nagpapakita ng interes na mamuhunan sa bansa.
“Right now, independent sources sight the Philippines as one of the fastest growing economy not only in Asia and in the world and especially from Korea, from Japan, from Taiwan and from China.
We have a lot of investors wanting to participate in what is known as Dutertenomics meaning infrastructure, infrastructure, infrastructure,” giit pa ng propesor.
Mababatid na una nang tinanggihan ni Pangulong Rodrigo Duterte ang 250 million euros o katumbas ng 13.85- bilyong piso EU grant dahil sa mariing pagkondena ng European Parliament sa anti-drug campaign ng administrasyon at extra judicial killings.
Kaugnay nito ay nananatiling bukas ang EU sa pinal na desisyon ng administrasyon hinggil sa inaalok nitong tulong bago ilipat ang ayuda sa ibang bansa.
- A better World for all Caritas Manila receives support from Megaworld Corporation - January 8, 2020
- Caritas Damayan Mindanao telethon, isasagawa ng Radio Veritas - November 8, 2019
- Voice of Truth Radio Veritas Asia and Veritas846 launched their 50th Anniversary Coffee Table Book - November 1, 2019
- ‘Share your Christmas Campaign’ set by Caritas Manila - November 14, 2018
- SIGNIS Philippines to support Radio Veritas - November 6, 2018
- Caritas Manila to mount 2nd Celebrity Bazaar Press Conference - October 9, 2018
- Venerated images to be enthroned at Veritas Chapel - September 11, 2018
- Nuestra Señora del Mar Cautiva to grace Nativity of the Blessed Mary - September 7, 2018
- Veritas to hold 12th year of Marian Exhibit - August 24, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites the faithful to profess their pledge of devotion to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 12, 2018