July 29, 2020, 9:22AM
Manila, Philippines — Mayorya ng mga Filipino ang nagpahayag ng suporta sa “People’s Initiative(PI) para sa renewal ng prangkisa ng ABS-CBN na unang ni-reject ng House Committee on Legislative Franchises.
Lumabas sa Radio Veritas Truth Survey (VTS) na suportado ng 7 sa 10 o 68-porsiyento ng mga Filipino ang “People’s Initiative”.
30.5 percent naman ng mga Filipino ang nagpahayag ng hindi pagsuporta sa proseso para muling mabigyan ng pragkisa ang ABS-CBN habang 1.5-percent ang undecided.
Batay sa V-T-S, 80-percent ng mga taga-Visayas ang nagpahayag ng suporta sa P-I habang 64-percent ay taga-Luzon at 64-porsiyento ang mga taga-Mindanao.
Sinabi ni Rev.Fr.Anton CT Pascual, pangulo ng Radio Veritas na ang resulta ng V-T-S ay sumasalamin sa hangarin ng mga Filipino na itaguyod ang “Freedom of the Press”.
SURVEY ON THE PUBLIC’S SUPPORT OF A PEOPLE’S INITIATIVE FOR ABS-CBN’S FRANCHISE RENEWAL:
This Survey initiated by Radio Veritas uses a stratified sample of 1,200 respondents nationwide for a +/- 3% margin of error (gathered through a text-based and online data gathering process) the following information is indicative of the respondents’ possible support of a “people’s initiative” for the renewal of ABS-CBN’s franchise; inclusive of the dates covering July 12-25, 2020. Results of which are as follows:
Results of which are as follows: Overall, 68% of the respondents are disposed to support a People’s Initiative for the renewal of ABS-CBN’s franchise while 30.5% refused supporting this initiative; and 1.5% remained undecided. When analyzed geographically those living in the Visayas had the highest willingness to support a people’s initiative at 80%, followed by those in Luzon at 64% and lastly in Mindanao at 62%. Conversely those who said NO in support of this people’s initiative were high among Mindanao residents at 36%, followed by Luzon at 34% then Visayas at 19%. Finally, those who were undecided were relatively the same across all geographical locations, which came between 1-2%.
“The results of this survey reflects the desire of the respondents to uphold the FREEDOM of the Press as a crucial safeguard of Fact vs. Fiction; Truth vs. Lies; Objectively Viable vs. Subjectively Satisfying; and Honestly vs. Duplicity. Authentic Press Freedom is an important mechanism in the delivery of news, stories, insights, and spiritual reflection to our countrymen”. (Rev. Fr. Anton C.T. Pascual, Radio Veritas President).
“Notwithstanding the needed community mobilization and technical validation of the required signatures of at least 3% of registered voters in each legislative district and at least 10% of total registered voters in the country for a People’s Initiative; the results of this survey at least to some extent mirrors the initial motivation of the respondents needed to jumpstart such an undertaking” (Bro. Clifford T. Sorita).
- Caritas Philippines, umaapela sa mamamayan na makiisa sa Alay Kapwa Sunday special collection - Saturday, November 14, 2020 3:21 pm
- Online education, negatibo ang epekto sa mga estudyante - Wednesday, November 11, 2020 3:03 pm
- Christ the King Sunday during the pandemic - Friday, November 6, 2020 1:25 pm
- 1-milyong pisong cash aid, ibibigay ng Caritas Manila sa mga sinalanta ng bagyong Rolly - Sunday, November 1, 2020 12:10 pm
- Hindi maaring i-lockdown ang pagkawanggawa-Bishop Evangelista - Wednesday, October 28, 2020 1:38 pm
- Pagkakatalaga kay Cardinal elect advincula, isang karangalan sa mga mananampalataya ng Archdiocese of Capiz - Tuesday, October 27, 2020 11:28 am
- Sambayanang Filipino, tutol na i-abolish ang PHILHEALTH - Monday, October 5, 2020 1:31 pm
- Pondo ng Pinoy foundation, nagpapasalamat sa Good Samaritans - Tuesday, September 22, 2020 1:28 pm
- Let the heavens be glad and the earth rejoice - Wednesday, September 9, 2020 8:49 am
- Mga simbahan, bukas na sa Sacrament of Confession - Tuesday, September 8, 2020 6:11 am