Pastoral Instruction: Let us be one with the whole Church
My dear People of God in the Archdiocese of Manila,
As we strive to be personally connected with God, let us also be connected with each other in and through the Church as the Body of Christ. Let us join then in the activities that are meant to draw us closer to one another and to God.
I invite the parishes, religious communities, and families of the faithful in their homes to participate in the Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on May 13, the 103th anniversary of the apparition in Fatima.
1. At 8:30 in the morning, let us follow the live stream of the praying of the holy rosary and the prayer of consecration of the whole country to the Blessed Virgin. This prayer will be done simultaneously all over the country. The National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima in Valenzuela City will be the center of this activity.
2. At 12 noon, let us unite our hearts as an Archdiocese for the live streaming of the Eucharistic Celebration at the Manila Cathedral. At the conclusion of the Mass, the bishop together with the Mayors of the different cities within the Archdiocese will consecrate the Archdiocese and the cities to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. In preparation for this important event, let us be one through a triduum of fasting, prayer, and reflection on May 10, 11, and 12 through TV Maria live stream and Radio Veritas:
3:30 PM Praying of the rosary and the Flores de Maria devotion
4:30 PM Reflection of Bishop Broderick Pabillo
Prayers to be led by different sectors of the Church TV Maria will live stream all these activities (TV Maria facebook page, Sky Cable – Channel 210; Destiny Cable – Channel 96; SatLite – Channel 102; Sky Direct – Channel 49; Cable Link Channel 18). You can also tune in to Radio Veritas. I invite the social communication ministry of the parishes to hook in to broaden the reach of these broadcasts. Even individually please invite your friends and relatives in the Archdiocese to participate in these activities. Let us entrust ourselves to the maternal protection of Mary, our Mother during this time of crisis. We pray that through her prayers as at Cana in Galilee, joy and celebration may return
after this time of trial.
The Holy Father is calling for a day of prayer, fasting, and acts of charity on May 14 to be participated in not only by Christians but by all religions to implore the Almighty to end this pandemic. Being in the Year of Ecumenism and Interreligious Dialogue, this is a very concrete sign of common activity of all religions since prayer, fasting, and acts of love are common to all, and we are all affected by this pandemic. I ask our faithful in the Archdiocese to fully participate in this activity. To make our act of charity concrete, I invite everyone to extend material help to at least one person within your reach, no matter the amount, to make that person/s feel the care we have for each other. May this sign of unity among us draw us all to the One Source of all Goodness.
Thank you very much.
Sincerely yours in the Lord Jesus,
+ BRODERICK S. PABILLO
Apostolic Administrator of Manila
May 6, 2020
- To make our religious activities safer from the spread of the virus Protocol for religious services in the Archdiocese of Manila - May 7, 2020
- Pastoral Instruction: Let us be one with the whole Church - May 7, 2020
- CBCP CIRCULAR: May 13 National Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary - May 2, 2020
- FDA at DOH, hinamong subukan ang anti-viral injection laban sa COVID-19. - April 13, 2020
- P1 B halaga ng GCs, naipamigay na ng Caritas Manila sa 4-M urban poor families - April 8, 2020
- Medical staff ng 9 na hospital sa Metro Manila, tinanggap sa iba’t-ibang Church facilities - April 6, 2020
- Holy Trinity School, binuksan para sa mga kawani ng BJMP - April 3, 2020
- Archdiocese of Manila, nagpahayag ng pakikiramay sa nasawing Seminarista dahil sa COVID-19 - April 3, 2020
- Bishop Pabillo, malugod na nagpapasalamat sa Oplan Ugnayan donors - March 31, 2020
- 400-libong urban poor families, natulungan ng Caritas Manila - March 30, 2020