Ipinagtanggol ni Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines Vice President, Kalookan Bishop Pablo Virgilio David si Davao Archbishop Romulo Valles, pangulo ng CBCP mula sa pangmamaliit ni Department of Foreign Affairs Secretary Teddy Locsin, Jr.
Inilahad ni Bishop David ang mga paaralang pinasukan ni Archbishop Valles kung saan nakuha nito ang mga degree sa Theology at paano naabot ang kanyang katungkulan bilang pangulo ng CBCP.
Ipinagtataka ni Bishop David kung ano ang masama sa hiling ni Abp. Valles na ipanalangin si Vice President Leni Robredo, at ganito na lamang ang naging pambabatikos sa kanya ng top diplomat ng Pilipinas.
Ito ang kabuuang pahayag ni Bishop David sa kanyang facebook account.
“The Secretary of the Department of Foreign Affairs has just called the president of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines a “moron in white mu-mu”, and an “ecclesiastical idiot”. He wonders how the Archbishop of Davao passed his theology? As far as I know, with flying colors. It might interest the honorable secretary to know that the man he had called a “disgrace to what is supposed to be the world’s most intellectual religion” finished his Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, and Theology degrees from the St. Francis Xavier Regional Major Seminary in Davao City in 1972 and 1976 respectively. He also did his Licentiate in Sacred Theology in 1990 at the Pontificio Ateneo Sant’ Anselmo in Rome, Italy, and his Master of Arts in Religious Education at the Ignatian Institute for Religious Education at the Ateneo de Davao University in 1997. He was a professor of theology in several schools of theology before he became bishop of Zamboanga and later, Archbishop of Davao and CBCP president. I can only wonder what it was in what the archbishop had said in his request for prayers for VP Leni that deserved such vitriolic and patently undiplomatic remarks from our country’s top diplomat?”
- Ipalangin ang mga Manggagawa sa panahon ng pandemya - May 1, 2020
- Diocese ng Cubao, naglabas nang panuntunan sa pagdiriwang ng Mahal na Araw - March 26, 2020
- Banal na misa sa Diocese of Cubao, kanselado. - March 13, 2020
- Gawain sa Immaculate Conception cathedral of Cubao, suspendido ngayong kuwaresma. - March 10, 2020
- Talikdan ang kasalanang sumisira sa buhay ng tao. - February 26, 2020
- Sundin ang safety precautions sa COVID-19. - February 19, 2020
- Manindigan sa buhay at pag-ibig. - February 13, 2020
- Katotohanan, laging nangingibabaw. - February 12, 2020
- Gawing makatao ang pangangalaga sa mga may sakit at kapaligiran - February 6, 2020
- Manalangin para sa kapayapaan ng bayan. - February 5, 2020