July 14, 2020, 1:07PM
Napakahalaga ng pananampalataya sa laban kontra COVID-19 pandemic.
Ito ang naging pahayag ng 89-porsiyento ng mga Filipino sa isinagawang nationwide Veritas Truth Survey.
Lumabas sa V-T-S na mayorya sa mga Filipino ang naniniwalang mapagtatagumpayan ng pananalig sa Panginoon ang takot mula sa nakakahawa at nakakamatay na sakit.
SURVEY ON THE IMPORTANCE OF FAITH VIS-À-VIS COVID-19:
This Survey initiated by Radio Veritas uses a stratified sample of 1,200 respondents nationwide for a +/- 3% margin of error (gathered through a text-based and online data gathering process) the following information is indicative of the respondents’ perception on the Significance of One’s Faith Against COVID-19 inclusive of the dates covering June 20 – July 10, 2020. Results of which are as follows
Overall, 89% of the respondents (roughly 9 out of 10 Filipinos) believe that FAITH is VERY IMPORTANT in our fight against COVID-19; while 9% said that it is IMPORTANT and 2% said that it is SOMEWHAT IMPORTANT. Across Geographical boundaries respondents from Mindanao at 93% said it is VERY IMPORTANT followed by those in Luzon at 87% and finally by those in Visayas at 66%. On the other hand, Respondents from Visayas said that Faith is IMPORTANT at 32% followed by those in Luzon at 10% and finally by those in Mindanao at 5%. Only 2-3% of the respondents among all geographical boundaries said that Faith is SOMEWHAT IMPORTANT; while No Respondent (0%) said that Faith is NOT IMPORTANT in our fight against COVID-19.
“Most of the respondents believe that God is much bigger than this COVID-19 Health Crisis. They believe that God can surmount all. He is intimately involved in every part of our lives and is concerned with our afflictions. He will never forsake or overlook us” (Fr. Anton Pascual, President, Radio Veritas).
“The survey is indicative of the respondents’ desire to CONQUER FEAR WITH FAITH. To fight an ‘invisible enemy’ brings a lot of anxiety and fear. Leaving the safety of our homes will definitely take a lot of courage for most of us. In so doing, we will muster all the strength needed through the gift of faith” (Bro. Clifford Sorita, Head, Veritas Truth Survey)
In response thereof to this survey results RADIO VERITAS is likewise launching its 4 O’Clock Deliverance Prayer Against COVID-19. As our Philippine COVID-19 data is released daily every 4:00pm, Let us likewise collectively offer during this time a nationwide prayer to SAN ROQUE [St. Roch] our Patron Saint against Plagues, and ask through his intercession the healing of those afflicted by COVID-19 and our continued protection against this plague and other communicable disease. And, on his Feast Day [August 16] let us pray for our country’s deliverance from this COVID-19 health crisis.
- Morality of using some anti-Covid 19 vaccines - Friday, January 15, 2021 4:34 pm
- Pastoral Statement on COVID-19 Vaccines in the Philippines - Friday, January 15, 2021 1:25 pm
- UST Public Affairs director, namatay sa heart attack - Monday, December 7, 2020 12:54 pm
- Digital technology,lifeline ng Simbahan sa pagpapalaganap ng Mabuting balita - Friday, December 4, 2020 1:02 pm
- Mananampalataya, inaanyayahan sa online advent recollection - Tuesday, December 1, 2020 4:18 pm
- Caritas Philippines, umaapela sa mamamayan na makiisa sa Alay Kapwa Sunday special collection - Saturday, November 14, 2020 3:21 pm
- Online education, negatibo ang epekto sa mga estudyante - Wednesday, November 11, 2020 3:03 pm
- Christ the King Sunday during the pandemic - Friday, November 6, 2020 1:25 pm
- 1-milyong pisong cash aid, ibibigay ng Caritas Manila sa mga sinalanta ng bagyong Rolly - Sunday, November 1, 2020 12:10 pm
- Hindi maaring i-lockdown ang pagkawanggawa-Bishop Evangelista - Wednesday, October 28, 2020 1:38 pm