April 17, 2020, 12:10PM
Inihayag ng pamunuan ng Bohol at ng simbahang katolika sa lalawigan na ipagpatuloy ang pagdiriwang ng mga pista sa kabila ng krisis dulot ng pandemic corona virus disease.
Sa pinagsamang pahayag nina Tagbilaran Bishop Alberto Uy, Talibon Bishop Daniel Patrick Parcon at Governor Arthur Yap, binigyang diin na ang pagpapatuloy sa mga pista sa lalawigan ay pagpapasalamat sa Diyos subalit gagawin ito sa payak na pamamaraan na nakasusunod sa ipinag-uutos ng gobyerno.
“After having done inquiries and with much discernment, we, the two bishops of Bohol, together with the Governor of the Province of Bohol, the Honorable Arthur C. Yap, have decided to continue celebrating the fiestas in these times even amidst the crisis brought about by Covid-19, but in a different and simple way. This said decision is based on the truth that our celebration of the fiestas is our way of thanking the Most Almighty God, with the intercession of our patron saints, for the graces that we have received, especially for keeping the whole Province and the people in it from Covid-19.”
Dahil sa sitwasyon ilang panuntunan ang ipinatupad ng mga diyosesis at sangguniang panlalawigan ng Bohol upang sundin ng mga parokya at kapilya na magdiriwang ng pista ng kanilang patron.
Ito ay bilang pag-iingat din na maiwasang maipakalat pa ang COVID 19 sa pagsasagawa ng mga malakihang pagtitipon gaya ng pagdiriwang ng Banal na Misa.
Tinaguriang Fiesta Month ng Bohol ang buwan ng Mayo sapagkat sunod-sunod ang mga pista sa iba’t ibang bayan sa lalawigan mula unang araw ng buwan hanggang katapusan.
Ilan sa mga panuntunang ipinatutupad ay ang sumusunod:
1.Novena and Fiesta Masses shall still be celebrated inside the church of the parish that celebrates the fiesta. HOWEVER, IT MUST BE CLEAR THAT THESE ARE “PRIVATE MASSES”, AND PARISHIONERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ATTEND. The rule must strictly be observed that only the Parish Priest (together with his parochial vicar/s, if any) and a few servers shall be in attendance. The Parish Priest is still encouraged to search for ways to broadcast the said celebration of the Masses, starting from the novena up to the Fiesta proper. The use of the exterior speakers of the churches is encouraged during the said Masses (in fact, during all parish Masses).
2. It is good that a street procession of the image of the patron saints be held, however, with the use of a pick-up truck, or a similar kind of transportation. If possible, the image of the patron saint must be brought around, along many streets of the parish, aside from the usual route of the procession. The faithful and homes included in the procession route are encouraged to light candles in their frontages, while maintaining silence and praying as the image of the patron passes by.
3. Parishioners are encouraged to participate in the fiesta celebration, especially the Masses, by using the radio, television, or online broadcasts such as Facebook, and others.
4. It is allowed to prepare food during the fiesta. However, in this difficult time, it is inappropriate that we spend profusely, considering that many of our fellowmen these days do not have anything to eat in their homes. It is also unfit that we invite guests in order to comply with the directive regarding “social distancing.”
5. However, we are encouraging those households, that are willing and are able, to share their food to their poor neighbors and hungry brethren. In this time of great crisis, let us be inspired by the words of Jesus, “When you hold a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or your wealthy neighbors…. Rather, invite the poor, the cripple, the lame, the blind…blessed indeed will you be….You will be repaid by God” (Luke 14:12-13).
Umaasa sina Bishop Uy at Bishop Parcon na pairalin ang pagiging bukas palad ng mga nakaaangat sa buhay upang kalingain ang mga dukha sa lipunan sa pamamagitan ng pagbabahagi ng mga biyaya tulad ng pagkain.
“We are hopeful that with the mutual assistance of the Church and the Government, as well as the generosity of the rich to share their food to the least and the needy, our celebration of our fiestas, amid the tragedy caused by Covid-19, shall turn out to be most meaningful for all; and the people, together with the Church, shall always announce to the whole world, “The Lord is alive, and we have seen him!” (Cf. John 20:18).”
- Mayor Isko, pinasalamatan ng Apostolic Administrator ng Archdiocese of Manila - July 8, 2020
- Mananampalataya, hinihikayat makiisa sa “Healing rosary for the world” - July 7, 2020
- Apostolic Administrator ng Archdiocese of Manila, nanawagan sa franchise renewal ng ABS-CBN - July 5, 2020
- Archdiocese ng Davao, may bagong panuntunan sa pag-iral ng MGCQ - July 2, 2020
- Pagsusuri para sa kabanalan ni Filipino Archbishop Camomot, inaprubahan ng Vatican - June 30, 2020
- Sumunod sa quarantine protocols, paaala sa mamamayan ng Cebu City - June 30, 2020
- Ipagdasal ang Santo Papa - June 29, 2020
- Archbishop elect Cabantan, nagpapasalamat sa mga mananampalataya ng Diocese of Malaybalay - June 28, 2020
- Mayor Isko, Dumalo sa Misa ng Pasasalamat sa Manila Cathedral - June 24, 2020
- Maliliit na komunidad, palalawakin ng bagong Arsobispo ng Archdiocese of Cagayan de Oro - June 24, 2020