OGod our Father, you alone are the Holy One, you alone are Good! You alone are the one who wishes and looks only for what is good in us despite our sinfulness. Your words today are very loud and clear:
“Do I indeed derive any pleasure from the death of the wicked,” says the Lord God. “Do I not rather rejoice when he turns from his evil way that he may live?”
In this blessed season of Lent, help us to be good by thinking what is good, seeing what is good, saying what is good, and doing what is good.
Let us be good always in every here and now. Help us let go of the past, thinking how sinful we have been. Or, in a similar manner, claiming how good we have been. So often, we always live in the past than in the present where you are always found.
One thing so good with you dear God is your “poor memory” of our past sins! And so, bless us to always make every effort to be good and make good our relationship with you in others in every present moment so we stop harking back into the past.
You say, “The Lord’s way is not fair!” Hear now, house of Israel: Is it my way that is unfair, or rather, are not your ways unfair? When someone virtuous turns away from virtue to commit iniquity, and dies, it is because of the iniquity he committed that he must die. But if the wicked, turning from the wickedness he has committed, does what is right and just, he shall preserve his life since he has turned away from all the sins that he committed. He shall surely live, he shall not die.”
Let me choose you always, dear God, to relate with you in the present moment each day in love and kindness. Let it start right here inside my heart where I choose to be good in thoughts and intentions, words and actions. Through Jesus Christ your Son and our Lord, let me not reject you by turning away from my brothers and sisters for that is not the kind of worship you want; let every good begin right inside me, within my heart and not from the outside that can always be faked just to look good. Amen.
- “Breakout” by Swing Out Sister (1986) | The Lord Is My Chef Sunday Music - Sunday, May 9, 2021 9:48 am
- Maturing in Jesus our true vine | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Wednesday, May 5, 2021 10:42 am
- Prayer to work centered on the Lord like St. Joseph | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Saturday, May 1, 2021 5:41 pm
- The need to be one in Christ - Friday, April 30, 2021 9:19 am
- Praying for my “His Story” | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Thursday, April 29, 2021 7:07 am
- Praying to gather those scattered | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Tuesday, April 27, 2021 7:48 am
- Praying for more conversions | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Friday, April 23, 2021 6:21 am
- Pantry for the body, pantry for the soul | Quiet Storm by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Thursday, April 22, 2021 2:23 pm
- Awit para sa Paminggalang Pampamayanan (Community Pantry) | Lawiswis ng Salita ni P. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Wednesday, April 21, 2021 10:09 pm
- What the Holy Spirit does vs. what we can do | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Tuesday, April 20, 2021 12:04 pm