The Gospel states that St. Jude Thaddeus was the brother of St. James the Less, also one of the Apostles. They are described in the Gospel of Matthew as the “brethren” of Jesus. His images often include a flame around his head, which represent his presence at Pentecost, when he accepted the Holy Spirit alongside the other apostles.
Another attribute is St. Jude holding an image of Christ, in the Image of Edessa. After the death and resurrection of Jesus, St. Jude traveled throughout Mesopotamia, Libya and Persia with St. Simon preaching and building up the foundations of the early Church.
St. Jude died a martyr’s death for his unwavering faith. His body was later brought to Rome and placed in a crypt under St. Peter’s Basilica.
In the Philippines, the National Shrine of Saint Jude Thaddeus in Manila is widely venerated by devotees including students, board reviewees, office workers, parish and others with all kinds of requests and seemingly hopeless problems. It was conferred the title of Archdiocesan Shrine of St. Jude on June 21, 1994.
Radio Veritas president Rev. Fr. Anton CT Pascual encourages the faithful to join the celebration.
“In this time of weary and difficulty in our societies may we seek the guidance and light of God through our intercession to St. Jude Thaddeus. Let the station be the instrument of Christ to unite our prayers for the accomplishments of our hard work and sacrifices,” Fr. Pascual said.
Radio Veritas846 will celebrate the feast of St. Jude Thaddaeus, the patron saint of hope and impossible causes on from October 28 to 29, 2019 at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel located at the second floor of Veritas Tower, 162 West Avenue cor. EDSA in Quezon City. Devotees may visit his image and relic during regular hours.
For inquiries, please call Ms. Renee Jose or Mr. Jeffry Austria at (08) 925-7932 to 39 local 129.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based Radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Panalangin ni Bishop Pablo Virgilio David sa mga biktima ng Lindol sa Mindanao - October 31, 2019
- Offer your Pledge of Devotion to Saint Jude Thaddeus - October 25, 2019
- Pray for Kidapawan, pray for Mindanao - October 17, 2019
- Pledge of Devotion: Saint Pope John Paul II - October 14, 2019
- Goodwear for Good Will Caritas Manila partners with rising online shop - October 4, 2019
- FRATERNAL MESSAGE - September 8, 2019
- Prayer Power new form of resistance-Bishop David - August 17, 2019
- Statement of Father Jerome R. Secillano, MPA - July 20, 2019
- Kahalagahan ng pagiging pastol at tupa - July 20, 2019
- CBCP, ipinagtanggol ang mga Obispo at Paring isinasangkot sa sedition case - July 20, 2019