Devotees of Maria Auxiliadora de Marawi may visit her image at the Chapel of Our Lady of Veritas in Quezon City from January 8 to January 19, 2018.
During the five-month battle of Marawi last year, the image was reported to have been desecrated when the rebels torched and attempted to destroy St. Mary’s Cathedral in Marawi City.
A new replica was donated by a Marian devotee and propagator of Mary Help of Christians’ devotion and was turned St. Mary’s Cathedral as a donation of the Salesian Society of Saint John Bosco and the National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians after taking part in the recently concluded Intramuros Grand Marian Procession last December 2017.
Mary, Help of Christians is one of the numerous names by which Catholics have come to know and love Mary, dating back to the fourth century. Because of her closeness to Christ and her unique role in bringing about God’s plan, Catholics have traditionally viewed her as a particularly effective intercessor. The title as we know it now came into being in 1571, when the Ottoman Empire prepared to invade Europe. In the face of this threat, Pope Pius V called on Catholics to pray for Mary’s intercession. The Turks were defeated at the Battle of Lepanto, leading the pope to hail Mary as Our Lady, Help of Christians. Her feast day is May 24.
Devotees may visit the image of Maria Auxiliadora de Marawi from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel located at the second floor of Veritas Tower, 162 West Avenue cor. EDSA in Quezon City. For inquiries, please call Ms. Renee Jose or Mr. Rey Isabela at (02) 925-7932 to 39 local 129.
Radio Veritas 846, the leading faith-based AM radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Radio Veritas to air Katolikong Formation Series Year 15, Sto. Niño de Pandacan Feast - January 19, 2018
- Radio Veritas to air Catholic Media in Challenging Times with Cardinal Tagle - January 18, 2018
- Radio Veritas’ “Good Samaritan” program extended to 2 hours - January 16, 2018
- Veritas 846 to live Online Prayer Meeting for Sto. Niño with Bishop Pabillo - January 13, 2018
- Servant Leadership in Business Conference - January 10, 2018
- Servant Leadership in Public Service Book Launch - January 10, 2018
- Radio Veritas holds Sr. Sto. Niño exhibit - January 9, 2018
- Traslacion 2018: Radio Veritas Special Programming - January 6, 2018
- Maria Auxiliadora de Marawi visits Radio Veritas chapel - January 5, 2018
- Radio Veritas on its Christmas day special programming - December 22, 2017