Dearest God our Father:
Today my heart has only two things to say:
First is, “Thank you for being love, for loving me!”
Beloved, let us love one another; because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:7-8
Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI wrote in his first encyclical Deus caritas est which was taken from this letter of the beloved disciple, that, what makes Christianity so unique of all other faith is the statement, God is love.
Indeed, in all the stories told about you in the Bible, in all our experiences in life, there is only one thing you have shown and given us from the very beginning that shall continue in eternity — LOVE.
The very coming of your Son Jesus Christ is all because of LOVE. Christmas is a story of love. Epiphany is also love.
It is all love, love, love… dear God! Please open our hearts, our senses to experience this love of yours you continue to pour upon us. Touch our hearts, open our minds, let us stop denying this truth that we are loved by You.
And so, my second prayer to you today is this: as a sign of thanksgiving, let me to share your love. Let me love like Jesus your Son, thinking more of others than myself – so unlike his apostles who wanted to send home the crowd hungry, worried at where to find food for them:
By now it was already late and his disciples approached him and said, “This is a deserted place and it is already very late. Dismiss them so that they can go to the surrounding farms and villages and buy themselves something to eat.”
Just for me to start thinking and feeling and acting like you when you saw the crowd like sheep without a shepherd (Mk.6:34, 37), worried for their spiritual and material hunger that you taught them so many things and then fed them with food is a good lesson to start loving like you.
O dear Jesus, fill me with your warmth and enthusiasm whenever I would look at you on the Cross so I may pass on the love you have given me to others. Amen.
- “All Right” by Christopher Cross (1983) | The Lord Is My Chef Sunday Music by Fr. Nick F. Lalog II, 28 February 2021 - Sunday, February 28, 2021 2:33 pm
- The ups and downs from Lent to Easter | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Saturday, February 27, 2021 10:39 am
- Our good God | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Friday, February 26, 2021 2:55 pm
- Learning to pray again in Lent - Thursday, February 25, 2021 2:53 pm
- Be surprised this Lent | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Wednesday, February 24, 2021 10:02 am
- Praying to “smell like sheep” | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Monday, February 22, 2021 10:17 am
- The joy of Lent | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Friday, February 19, 2021 10:18 am
- Choosing life is choosing the Cross | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Thursday, February 18, 2021 9:57 am
- A Lenten Prayer in COVID-19 | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Wednesday, February 17, 2021 10:35 am
- What…? | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul - Monday, February 15, 2021 10:10 am