Lord Jesus Christ, please remove the veils that cover our minds that prevent us from truly seeing and meeting you. Let us remove the many veils we have unconsciously put on ourselves like our stubbornness and conservatism, legalism and formalism that have made our prayers and worship empty of you.
Brothers and sisters: To this day, whenever Moses is read, a veil lies over their hearts of the children of Israel, but whenever a person turns to the Lord the veil is removed. (2Corinthians 3:15-16)
Teach us to submit ourselves more to the promptings and light of the Holy Spirit so that we may reflect you more, dear Jesus, than ourselves.
So many times we have forgotten that we are just bearers of your light, “slaves for your sake” (2Cor.4:5), dear Jesus task to bring people closer to the glory and brightness of God.
Do not let us fall into the same mistakes of the people of your time when praise and worship of God was focused more on the externals than what is inside our hearts expressed in our genuine concern for one another like people we may have hurt or neglected.
Jesus said to his disciples: "I tell you, unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter into the Kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:20)
Teach us to go beyond the letters of the Laws.
Enable us to see the deeper and wider meaning of the commandment not to kill by respecting in words and deeds the value of every person, of not maligning any one with nasty talks and through the social media.
Enable us to see the direct link of our celebration of the Eucharist with our behavior and dealing with one another, seeking peace and reconciliation to be truly one in you and with the Father in heaven.
O sweet Jesus, we pray most dearly for those people who have boxed us and refused to give us the chance to show our goodness and goodwill; for those whose frame of mind is so fixed that they would not make the necessary adjustments in this time of crisis to accommodate so many people in great sufferings and trials in their lives.
Let your brightness shine on us, Lord Jesus, in these times of darkness and storms. Amen.
- Praying for directions where to go | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Wednesday, July 7, 2021 4:11 pm
- Engaging the Lord | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Tuesday, July 6, 2021 4:02 pm
- Surprise us, Lord! | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Monday, July 5, 2021 9:56 pm
- “Biggest Part of Me” by Ambrosia (1980) | The Lord Is My Chef Sunday Music by Fr. Nick F. Lalog II - Sunday, July 4, 2021 3:49 pm
- Graduating in time of COVID-19: Being the right person in the right place at the right time - Friday, July 2, 2021 4:40 pm
- When extraordinary is ordinary | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Thursday, July 1, 2021 4:04 pm
- Praying for those sent away | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Wednesday, June 30, 2021 4:13 pm
- A holy déja vu? - Tuesday, June 29, 2021 4:00 pm
- When God acts like one of us | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Monday, June 28, 2021 4:35 pm
- Arise, be whole again in Christ! | The Lord Is My Chef Sunday Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Saturday, June 26, 2021 11:27 am