Lately O Lord you have been consoling me with the shades and hues of Lent, providing much needed inspiration and enthusiasm to forge on amid the many trials I have been going through along with some loved ones hurdling great obstacles in life these days.
As we close another week, you have never stopped showering us with your immense love, dear Father, by inviting us to come to you to be forgiven and enlightened to set all things right again in our lives. No matter how dark or light are the various contrasts of daily life, there is always your Son Jesus Christ journeying with us.
On this first Friday of March, you invite us to dream again of great, good things in life: to dream again of being close to you, of being good, of being loving and loved, of being saved from our sins as we heard the story of Joseph in the first reading and the parable of the wicked tenants in the gospel referring to Jesus. Both were dreamers that someday, we shall be with you in your glory, O God.
But unlike other dreamers, Joseph and Jesus dreamt of salvation in you with “eyes wide open” by working hard on their dreams by remaining faithful and true to you even if others despised them, plotting their deaths.
And so, loving Father, I pray that we dream anew beginning today — of being with you, of doing your work, of making you present in this world where nobody dreams big anymore except of being rich and famous. For those who refuse to dream or cannot dream again for any reason, give them the grace to dream with other dreamers instead of blocking or hindering our dreams like the brothers of Joseph and the wicked tenants of the parable.
Israel loved Joseph best of all his sons, for he was the child of his old age; and he made him a long tunic. when his brothers saw that their father loved him best of allo his sons, they hated him so much that they would not even greet him… They sold Joseph to the Ishmaelite for twenty pieces of silver.
Genesis 37:3-4, 28
Lastly, Lord Jesus, I pray for the dreamers among us that like Joseph and you, may we hold on to our dreams, to keep dreaming until they come true, in you and through you. Amen.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, make my heart like thine.
- “Breakout” by Swing Out Sister (1986) | The Lord Is My Chef Sunday Music - Sunday, May 9, 2021 9:48 am
- Maturing in Jesus our true vine | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Wednesday, May 5, 2021 10:42 am
- Prayer to work centered on the Lord like St. Joseph | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Saturday, May 1, 2021 5:41 pm
- The need to be one in Christ - Friday, April 30, 2021 9:19 am
- Praying for my “His Story” | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Thursday, April 29, 2021 7:07 am
- Praying to gather those scattered | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Tuesday, April 27, 2021 7:48 am
- Praying for more conversions | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Friday, April 23, 2021 6:21 am
- Pantry for the body, pantry for the soul | Quiet Storm by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Thursday, April 22, 2021 2:23 pm
- Awit para sa Paminggalang Pampamayanan (Community Pantry) | Lawiswis ng Salita ni P. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Wednesday, April 21, 2021 10:09 pm
- What the Holy Spirit does vs. what we can do | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Tuesday, April 20, 2021 12:04 pm