God our Father… I cannot find the words to tell you what is in my heart as I saw the images of devastations and sufferings of your people these past days. Part of me feels thankful for my lesser worries like not having running water and other things but my heart goes out to those people still trapped in floods with little or no food and water at all.
Sufferings are all around us, dear Father. Hear our pleas, especially the cries of children, of mothers, and of elderlies.
It is true that we are partly to be blamed for these sufferings as we have refused to alter our lifestyles that destroy the environment. Worst of all, of our refusal to take an active part in choosing and electing credible leaders in government.
Like the people of Ephesus, we are good at speaking out against wickedness but have merely remained at the sides, preferring to stay in our comfort zones.
Yet I hold this against you: you have lost the love you had at first. Realize how far you have fallen. Repent, and do the works you did at first. Otherwise, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.
Fill us with your Holy Spirit, Father, to courageously follow your Son Jesus Christ on the street as he passes by like that blind man sitting by the roadside begging; but, upon hearing Jesus was passing by, he left the roadside to come to Jesus on the street.
Like him, we pray, “Lord, please let me see” (Lk.18:41). Amen.
- Prayer to respond faithfully to calls by Jesus | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul - Friday, January 22, 2021 7:16 am
- Road trip in time of corona, part 1 | Quiet Storm by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Thursday, January 21, 2021 9:50 am
- Imitating the priesthood of Jesus | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul - Wednesday, January 20, 2021 10:06 am
- A prayer for those feeling low | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul - Tuesday, January 19, 2021 10:04 am
- How the Cross makes all beautiful | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul - Monday, January 18, 2021 10:22 am
- Becoming God’s children | The Lord Is My Chef Sunday Recipe for the Soul - Sunday, January 17, 2021 10:19 am
- Prayer to enter God’s rest | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul - Friday, January 15, 2021 10:02 am
- Praying for the lepers among us | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul - Thursday, January 14, 2021 10:25 am
- Praying for empathy | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul - Wednesday, January 13, 2021 10:06 am
- We are all brothers and sisters in Christ | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul - Tuesday, January 12, 2021 9:59 am