Gospel Meditation for Sunday June 10, 2018 based on Mark 3:20
Jesus was thought to be insane by his relatives. They wanted to bring Him home by force. Jesus was thought to be possessed by the Scribes because His powers looked superhuman.
Jesus had been called many names and accused of many crimes and faults in His time and even until now. He was called a blasphemer; a presumptuous liberator; a social trouble maker; an uncaring teacher in the storm. The list of cuss words against God is endless. God is still God and those who have cursed Him are now dust.
When people assault God should I defend God? God is strong enough and He needs no defender, does He? Who am I, a pygmy, to defend the mighty and powerful God and Lord?
When you spit upwards, your spit will return to your face. The more you spit at God, the more spit you bring to your face. It is the law of gravity. It is also the law of divine justice.
But I speak not to defend God but to defend the weak and the feeble, the searching youth and the confused children. They can be misled. They can catch wrong values that will destroy them eventually when we adults teach them error.
The Lord said “Things that cause people to stumble are bound to come, but woe to anyone through whom they come. It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble.” (Luke 17:1). To keep quiet when error is said is to allow it to spread.
Therefore my dear children, my dear young people:
Remember this… There is God.
Do not forget… You are not god.
Remember… You are a soul.
Be sure of this…Your body will die someday but your soul is forever.
Be watchful….There will be judgment at the end of time.
Remember… There is life everlasting. There is heaven and hell is real too.
Dear children: Believe this and you will live. You will find happiness. You will have peace. Ignore this and you will regret later. That is tragic.
Dear children, as for those who dare to teach you error, pray for them and forgive them. They might be insane or possessed. They need God. They need your prayers and love and compassion.
- DON’T LEAVE GOD WHEN YOU VOTE - Monday, April 29, 2019 11:36 am
- IS DEATH A THREAT? - Thursday, April 18, 2019 10:54 am
- His Eminence Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle Archbishop of Manila Homily Feast of Nuestro Padre Hesus Nazareno at Quirino Grandstand - Wednesday, January 9, 2019 12:06 pm
- STAND UP FOR THE NEWBORN JESUS! - Wednesday, December 26, 2018 10:25 am
- MESSAGE TO THE CATHOLIC FAITHFUL OF THE ARCHDIOCESE OF DAVAO - Monday, July 2, 2018 8:47 am
- GOD IS LOVE - Tuesday, June 26, 2018 11:25 am
- HE IS INSANE. HE IS POSSESSED. - Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:31 pm
- TURNING TO MARY IN OUR NEED - Wednesday, May 23, 2018 8:03 am
- CBCP President Message for Lent and Easter - Sunday, April 1, 2018 12:58 am
- Should you blindly follow those Holy Week traditions? - Saturday, March 10, 2018 12:38 pm