Caritas Manila Inc., the Social Action Arm of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Manila, has come to formal agreements with a new online community store “Goodwear,” wherein sellers from the community store may choose to donate their unsold items from the store to Caritas Manila. Sellers and buyers from the community store also have an option to provide cash donations to Caritas Manila.
This partnership aims to further help the less fortunate to be given more scholarships through Caritas Manila’s Youth Servant Leadership and Education Program or YSLEP, with the help from Goodwear online store’s generosity.
Good Wear shares an advocacy with Caritas Manila and believes that “good, mindful style isn’t expensive if it’s shared,” and it is setting itself as an example of its belief through helping share their products for those in need through the option of donating. Goodwear also aims to break the barriers of common belief that pre-loved items are less prestigious from brand new products, and focuses on the trend of sustainability through these pre-loved items.
YSLEP is an integrated academic and leadership development program designed to provide an environment for scholastic excellence reinforced with leadership and values formation to empower and give its beneficiaries not just financial assistance for education but reinforce it with Christian values. It prioritizes Urban Poor Youth, Menial Youth Workers, Children in Conflict with the Law, Children of Fishermen and Farmers, Differently Abled Youth, Orphans, Young Indigenous People, Children and Youth who are Survivors of War and Disasters and Human Trafficking, Children of Prisoners, Street Children and Youth, High school and College Dropouts.
For more information about Goodwear and its products, you may visit their social media pages at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GoodwearPh/, Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/goodwearph/
For inquiries and donations to YSLEP, kindly contact Caritas Manila’s hotline at: 563-9311, 564-0205, 354-1050, 254-5519, 0905-4285001, 0929-8343857, and 0917-5955083. You may also visit their website at https://caritasmanila.org.ph/caritas-manila-events/ or email them at [email protected]
- Panganib sa pagsabog ng Taal, nananatili - January 27, 2020
- Bagama’t ibinaba sa Alert level 3;
Relief goods, kailangan pa rin sa Batangas - January 27, 2020
- Archdiocese of Lipa, may nakahanda ng ‘contingency plan’ sa paglala ng sitwasyon ng bulkang Taal - January 17, 2020
- Damay Kapanalig Taal Telethon, isinagawa ng Caritas Manila - January 17, 2020
- GOOD Samaritans, inaanyahang makiisa sa DAMAY KAPANALIG TAAL telethon - January 16, 2020
- Babangon ang Batangas!-Cardinal Rosales - January 16, 2020
- CBCP, nananawagan ng solidarity at charity sa mga apektado ng Taal volcano eruptions - January 14, 2020
- Traslacion 2020:
“Iba’t ibang Kaloob, Isang Debosyon tungo sa Isang Misyon” - January 9, 2020
- Si Hesus ang pasko, hindi bonus - December 20, 2019
- Biktima ng bagyong Tisoy, nananawagan ng tulong - December 5, 2019