Radio Veritas’ public service program, Good Samaritan Mission is set to provide health services to the families in the Risen Christ Parish in Smokey Mountain, Tondo, Manila on Sunday, November 12, 2017.
Good Samaritan Mission airs once a month on a Sunday from 7am to 8am in partnership with Caritas Manila, the social arm of the Archdiocese of Manila. The program is an outside broadcast of the station’s public service like medical missions from Radio Veritas’ partner doctors, livelihood training programs from Caritas Salve, and job fairs from Caritas et Labora Human Resource Service Cooperative which continues up to 12pm.
Last October 29, 2017, Good Samaritan Mission, gave its services at the San Fernando de Dilao parish in Paco, Manila for 200 street families. The program has conducted one eye surgery, 120 ophthalmology check-up, and 250 general check-ups. Radio Veritas have also provided 200 free anti-tetanus vaccine sponsored by Vaxcen Company.
The program is an extension of the station’s program, “Good Samaritan”, airing every Monday to Friday from 1pm-2pm. It serves as a platform for those in need to make on-air appeals for legal or spiritual advice, medical, material and financial assistance, and link them to “Good Samaritans”.
Caritas Salve Credit Cooperative is a micro-finance cooperative dedicated to help provide livelihood for poor Filipino families. It aims to uplift the socio-economic condition of micro-entrepreneurs in the Philippines and enable their families to meet basic needs.
Caritas et Labora Human Resource Service Cooperative provides an integrated program for empowerment of member-workers, through effective trainings for skills development, infusing of moral values and right attitude to become not just compensated but trustworthy and upright personnel to the companies, institutions and offices they will be serving.
To all those who want to make an appeal or send help, you may visit Radio Veritas station located at 162 West Avenue corner, EDSA, Quezon City or you may call the Kapanalig hotline 925-7931 to 40 or email at [email protected], or through the station’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/Veritasph.
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Radio Veritas to air Caritas Manila’s “Apostolate Day Program” - November 17, 2017
- Good Samaritan provides mission to Risen Christ Parish in Smokey Mountain - November 10, 2017
- Cardinal Tagle to keynote Servant Leadership in Business - November 9, 2017
- Veritas 846, Caritas Manila to air telethon for the recovery of Marawi - November 6, 2017
- First Friday Holy Hour devotion and confession at Veritas Chapel - November 2, 2017
- The Lazarus Project, #Resurrectlove, hailed as Best TV AD Branded in the 39th Catholic Mass Media awards - October 27, 2017
- Cardinal Tagle: We communicate what our heart emanates - October 26, 2017
- Veritas 846 to air “Dalangin at Ala-ala” for the Saints and the Souls - October 26, 2017
- Radio Veritas celebrates feast of Saint Jude Thaddeus - October 25, 2017
- Veritas 846 to air campaign to heal our land - October 24, 2017