Radio Veritas President and Caritas Manila Executive Director Rev. Fr. Anton C.T. Pascual is one of The Outstanding Filipino (TOFIL) Awardee for the year 2016.
Fr. Pascual studied Philosophy in Our Lady of Angels Franciscan Seminary and he did theological studies at the Ateneo de Manila University as a seminarian of San Jose Major Seminary. He obtained his Master in Development Management at the Asian Institute of Management (AIM). Fr. Pascual was ordained priest on March 6, 1987.
He is the President of Radio Veritas and the Executive Director of Caritas Manila since 2005. He is also the Chairman and Founder of Simbayanan ni Maria Community Development Foundation, Inc. He is also the Chairman of the Board of several cooperatives such as Simbayanan ni Maria Development Cooperative, Bahay Pari Credit Cooperative, Caritas SALVE Microfinance Cooperative, Metro South Cooperative Bank and Vice Chairman of the Board of Caritas et Labora Human Resource Service Cooperative. He is also a member of the Board of Trustee of the following non-government organizations Philippine Council for NGO Certification, Alfonso Yuchengco Foundation, Inc. and One Meralco Foundation, Inc.
In the year 2010, he was a recipient of the Order of the Golden Heart (Orden ng Gintong Puso) Presidential Award from the Office of the President. In 2014, he received the AIM Alumni Achievement (Triple A) International Award, the highest recognition given by the Asian Institute of Management to its outstanding alumni. He was also honored as the Most Outstanding Cooperative Leader by the Cooperative Development Authority (CDA) Gawad Parangal 2015.
Fr. Pascual and other TOFIL awardees Amb. Jose L. Cuisia Jr. and Dr. William D. Dar will be recognized at the awarding ceremony to be held at the Malacańang Palace in Manila on December 12, 2016.
The Outstanding Filipino (TOFIL) Award, conceived by the JCI Senate Philippines in 1988, sought to institutionalize public recognition of men and women, 41 years of age and over, whose exemplary achievements are worthy of emulation.
With the theme, “Vision of Change”, TOFIL Award 2016 is a joint project of JCI Senate Philippines and ANSA Foundation, Inc. (AFI). The accolade seeks to give recognition to Filipinos whose dedication to their profession or vocation has made significant contribution to public welfare and national development.
The JCI Senate Philippines is an organization of Junior Chamber International members who, in recognition of their outstanding achievements and contribution to the JCI movement, have awarded lifetime membership as JCI senators.
The ANSA Foundation, Inc. (AFI) was formed by AGI in 2002, in cooperation with national scientists from the University of the Philippines – Los Banos (UPLB) to promote the development of the Philippine Livestock through modern and scientific techniques of breeding. AFI is focused on research and development, training and advancement of stakeholders in the domestic cattle industry.
- A better World for all Caritas Manila receives support from Megaworld Corporation - Wednesday, January 8, 2020 8:50 am
- Caritas Damayan Mindanao telethon, isasagawa ng Radio Veritas - Friday, November 8, 2019 1:21 pm
- Voice of Truth Radio Veritas Asia and Veritas846 launched their 50th Anniversary Coffee Table Book - Friday, November 1, 2019 12:49 pm
- ‘Share your Christmas Campaign’ set by Caritas Manila - Wednesday, November 14, 2018 3:56 pm
- SIGNIS Philippines to support Radio Veritas - Tuesday, November 6, 2018 1:50 pm
- Caritas Manila to mount 2nd Celebrity Bazaar Press Conference - Tuesday, October 9, 2018 5:06 pm
- Venerated images to be enthroned at Veritas Chapel - Tuesday, September 11, 2018 2:20 pm
- Nuestra Señora del Mar Cautiva to grace Nativity of the Blessed Mary - Friday, September 7, 2018 9:46 am
- Veritas to hold 12th year of Marian Exhibit - Friday, August 24, 2018 10:29 am
- Radio Veritas invites the faithful to profess their pledge of devotion to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel - Thursday, July 12, 2018 1:46 pm