So they set out at once and returned to Jerusalem... The disciples of Jesus recounted what had taken place along the way, and how they had come to recognize him in the breaking of bread. While they were still speaking about this, he stood in their midst and said to them, "Peace be with you." Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures. And he said to them, "Thus it is written that the Christ would suffer and rise from the dead on the third day and that repentance, for the forgiveness of sins, would be preached in his name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things." (Luke 24:33,35-36,45-48)
Odearest Jesus, help us find our way back to you! Let us turn around, turn towards you, go back to you in Jerusalem to meet you with the other disciples. Help us to repent and be converted as Peter preached in the first reading so our sins may be wiped away to see and experience you (Acts 3:19).
Cast away our doubts and fears of coming to you, of experiencing you, of seeing you because all you want is for us to be free from the bondage of sins and guilt, of the past pains and hurts so we may experience Easter – which is the fulfillment and fullness of life in you, Lord Jesus.
Strengthen our faith through the words of the scriptures that attest everything written about you is true and are meant for our own good as children of the Father.
May we keep in mind that Easter is not an ending, Lord.
As your “witnesses” to your passion, death, and resurrection, remind us of this great mission to spread your gifts of peace and forgiveness to everyone as we strive to establish your Kingdom here on earth by making life more humane especially in this time of the pandemic.
Give us patience and perseverance to go through the process of daily conversion so that your Easter may continue in us and lead to our genuine reconciliation with everyone to the Father by removing our many divisions, fears and hostilities that prevent us from caring and loving each other. Amen.
- “Breakout” by Swing Out Sister (1986) | The Lord Is My Chef Sunday Music - Sunday, May 9, 2021 9:48 am
- Maturing in Jesus our true vine | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Wednesday, May 5, 2021 10:42 am
- Prayer to work centered on the Lord like St. Joseph | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Saturday, May 1, 2021 5:41 pm
- The need to be one in Christ - Friday, April 30, 2021 9:19 am
- Praying for my “His Story” | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Thursday, April 29, 2021 7:07 am
- Praying to gather those scattered | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Tuesday, April 27, 2021 7:48 am
- Praying for more conversions | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Friday, April 23, 2021 6:21 am
- Pantry for the body, pantry for the soul | Quiet Storm by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Thursday, April 22, 2021 2:23 pm
- Awit para sa Paminggalang Pampamayanan (Community Pantry) | Lawiswis ng Salita ni P. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Wednesday, April 21, 2021 10:09 pm
- What the Holy Spirit does vs. what we can do | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Tuesday, April 20, 2021 12:04 pm