St. Bernardette Soubirous, greatly known as Our Lady of Lourdes, is the Patron Saint of Bodily Ills. She was a 14 year old peasant girl famed to have been visited by the Blessed Virgin Mary eighteen times since 1858 while she was collecting fire woods near the grotto of Massabielle, near Lourdes, France.
During the first visit of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Bernardette recalled the importance of prayer, the rosary, penance and humility. To honor these apparitions, the Roman Catholic Church venerates the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title Our Lady of Lourdes.
Radio Veritas846, the leading faith based AM station in the Philippines is inviting the Catholic faithful to take part in honoring and commemorating Our Lady of Lourdes. Radio Veritas will be participating in a series of events that signifies the devotion and love for the saint.
Radio Veritas846 will be hosting Fiesta Kapanalig, the special flagship program that provides on-ground broadcast to the faithful community that enables the faithful to be more spiritually connected even at their homes, for the upcoming founding anniversary celebration and Devotion on February 11, 2020 at the National Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes located in Kanlaon Street Corner N.S. Amoranto Avenue, Brgy. Maharlika, Quezon City.
The program will be covered during Barangay Simbayanan hosted by Ms. Angelique Lazo from 8:00am to 10:00am, continued by the High Mass to be officiated by Most Rev. Honesto Ongtioco of the Diocese of Cubao from 12:00nn to 1:00pm. The entire event will be concluded during a special rosary and procession of the image of Our Lady of Lourdes from 6:00pm to 9:00pm.
For those who will be unable to attend the Mass at the National Shrine may venerate the replica of her image at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel located at the second floor of Veritas Tower, 162 West Avenue cor. EDSA in Quezon City at 8:00am to 5:00pm on the same day. Devotees may also receive a vial of Holy Water. For inquiries, please call Ms. Renee Jose or Mr. Jeffry Austria at (08) 925-7932 to 39 local 129.
In January 24, 1997, the Lourdes Church was declared the National Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes when the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) granted the request of the Capuchins at their 74th General assembly at the Betania Rereat House in Tagaytay City.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based Radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- We go out renewed - May 22, 2020
- 80-porsiyento ng mga Katoliko, payag na buksan na ang mga simbahan sa pampublikong pagdiriwang - May 19, 2020
- Religious gatherings, pinapayagan na sa mga lugar na nasa ilalim ng MECQ at GCQ - May 16, 2020
- Caritas Manila, nagbigay ng 5.7-milyong pisong financial assistance sa 21-Diocese at Archdiocese sa bansa - May 15, 2020
- 10.8-milyong indibidwal sa Ecclesiastical Province of Manila, nabiyayaan ng tulong ng Simbahan - May 15, 2020
- We pray as one. We heal as one. - May 8, 2020
- Radio Veritas, nanindigan sa kahalagahan ng Press freedom sa ABS-CBN shutdown - May 6, 2020
- Arsobispo, hinamon ang pamahalaan na bawiin ang go signal sa pagbubukas ng POGO sa bansa. - May 5, 2020
- Obispo, may panawagan sa pagdiriwang ng Good Shephered Sunday - May 3, 2020
- COVID-19 AND THE “NEW NORMAL” - April 30, 2020