“Mater Dolorosa” also known as “Blue Madonna” (1616) by Carlo Dolci. Photo from Wikimedia Commons.
Thank you, dear Jesus, in joining me in my tears, in my crying. I have been crying a lot lately for so many reasons. And what a wonderful feeling to cry because so often, it has become my prayers too, even my food for the soul.
In the first reading, St. John “shed many tears because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to examine it” (Revelation 5:4); while in the gospel, you wept over Jerusalem as you drew near the city for refusing to recognize and accept you as the Messiah (Luke19:41).
In both instances, tears express the deep love within us for one another, an outpouring of love that have become like beads of prayers.
Thank you dear Jesus for enabling me to cry like you for it means that my heart is still beating, my heart is aching because it is loving.
Tears do come from ducts near the eyes but they come from the soul longing for you, Lord, forming in the heart, secreted from those many scars left open whenever we give away a part of ourselves to somebody else out of love.
Tears are always a grace from you as they cleanse us inside, clearing our eyes of the many blurs so we may see your face among the persons next to us.
Bless us as we cry, O Lord, that our tears may eventually pave the way for smiles and joys some other day when like your prayer for Jerusalem, we may recognize your visitation in the many trials and tests we endure for our loved ones. Amen.
- Prayer to respond faithfully to calls by Jesus | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul - Friday, January 22, 2021 7:16 am
- Road trip in time of corona, part 1 | Quiet Storm by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Thursday, January 21, 2021 9:50 am
- Imitating the priesthood of Jesus | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul - Wednesday, January 20, 2021 10:06 am
- A prayer for those feeling low | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul - Tuesday, January 19, 2021 10:04 am
- How the Cross makes all beautiful | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul - Monday, January 18, 2021 10:22 am
- Becoming God’s children | The Lord Is My Chef Sunday Recipe for the Soul - Sunday, January 17, 2021 10:19 am
- Prayer to enter God’s rest | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul - Friday, January 15, 2021 10:02 am
- Praying for the lepers among us | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul - Thursday, January 14, 2021 10:25 am
- Praying for empathy | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul - Wednesday, January 13, 2021 10:06 am
- We are all brothers and sisters in Christ | The Lord Is My Chef Breakfast Recipe for the Soul - Tuesday, January 12, 2021 9:59 am