Circular 2020 – 24
15 August 2020
TO: ALL CLERGY IN THE ARCHDIOCESE OF MANILA
RE: ARCHDIOCESAN CHURCHES OF INTERCESSION DURING THE PANDEMIC
Dear Reverend Fathers: Greetings in the Lord!
The parishes under the patronage of San Roque (Blumentritt, Pasay, Mandaluyong, Sampaloc)
led by their pastors Reverend Fathers Antonio B. Navarete, Jr., Paschal Gorgonia, Aries Reyes
and Leo Nilo Mangussad submitted a petition to declare their parish churches as Archdiocesan
Churches of Intercession during the Pandemic. Upon the recommendation of the Archdiocesan
Liturgical Commission and our Judicial Vicar, we have acceded to the said petition.
While all parishes are churches of intercession, these parishes under the patronage of San Roque
will take the lead in organizing devotional and liturgical activities as well as other appropriate
programs that will serve the sick, the front liners and the poor during this time of pandemic in
the Archdiocese of Manila.
We beg the almighty and merciful God, the source of all life, health and healing, to look with
compassion on our world, brought low by the corona virus pandemic. We ask him to protect us
in the midst of the grave challenges that assail us and in his fatherly providence grant recovery
to the stricken, strength to those who care for them, success to those working to eradicate this
Scourge and grow in faith and charity as disciples of the Lord.
Let us implore the prayers and intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Health of the Sick and
San Roque during this time of pandemic.
Sincerely in the Lord Jesus,
+BRODERICK S. PABILLO
Apostolic Administrator of Manila
- Circular Letter: ARCHDIOCESAN CHURCHES OF INTERCESSION DURING THE PANDEMIC - Sunday, August 16, 2020 8:27 am
- Joint Pastoral Message of CBCP ECS and ECCCE - Thursday, August 13, 2020 1:47 pm
- Diocese of Cubao: WE LISTEN THAT WE MAY HAVE LIFE - Sunday, August 2, 2020 9:56 am
- Pastoral Instruction: We Hear the Call - Saturday, August 1, 2020 10:47 pm
- PASTORAL INSTRUCTION: MOVING FORWARD - Monday, June 1, 2020 10:22 pm
- CBCP Circular RE: LITURGICAL GUIDELINES IN “NEW NORMAL” CONDITION - Sunday, May 17, 2020 10:50 am
- Sangguniang Laiko: Statement of Affirmation and Appeal - Monday, May 4, 2020 3:17 pm
- CBCP Circular Letter No. 20-20 - Tuesday, April 7, 2020 4:50 pm
- Vatican Decree in time of Covid-19 (II) - Friday, April 3, 2020 12:16 pm
- Pastoral Letter: A Call of Charity for the Common Good - Wednesday, March 18, 2020 2:36 pm