Circular No. 20-26 1
Your Eminences, Excellencies and Reverend Administrators:
RE: May 13 National Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
In 2013, the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines approved the yearly National Consecration of our country to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, in preparation for and leading to the celebration of the 5th Centenary of the Christianization of the Philippines, held during its Memorial every June.
But we are now in extraordinary times, and even the bishops of our fellow nations are doing the Act of Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary because of the sense of urgency, just like the Message of Fatima which St. John Paul II reiterated as “ever more relevant and more urgent now than in 1917”.
As we approach 13 May 2020 and celebrate the 103rd Anniversary of the Apparition of Our Lady of Fatima, it is an opportune time to reflect on the current situation that the world is experiencing right now. The simultaneous National Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on this Feast of Our Lady of Fatima must be accomplished. This is our country’s way to implore the grace and mercy of the Lord to end the pandemic of corona virus and to seek the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary for the healing and recovery of all those who are infected, and for strength and protection of the front-liners and our fellow citizens.
As one nation, our celebration on that day will have three parts: first, the praying of the Holy Rosary; second, the Act of Consecration of the Philippines to the Immaculate Heart of Mary; and third, the celebration of the Holy Eucharist. All the archbishops and bishops of the country are requested to participate in this event together with the clergy, religious, and families at their homes with the National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima in Valenzuela City (Diocese of Malolos) as the center of the activity.
The celebration will start at 8:30 in the morning with the praying of the Holy Rosary.
Attached are three important materials:
1) the guide for the Holy Rosary,
2) the Act of Consecration of the Philippines to the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
3) the text for the Holy Mass.
These were prepared by the National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima with the guidance and approval of Bp. Dennis Villarojo, Bishop of Malolos and Bp. Guillermo Afable, Bishop of Digos and National Chaplain of World Apostolate of Fatima (WAF). The celebration shall be broadcasted via TV Maria Philippines and cross-posted in various Catholic Social Media platforms all over the country.
For further guidance and information regarding this celebration, you may contact Fr. Gener Garcia at cell phone number 09285006482 and email address [email protected]
We pray as one. We heal as one. We renew the world as one through this Act of Consecration.
Thank you very much for your kind attention, and we are hoping for your participation in this activity.
Sincerely yours in Christ,
+ ROMULO G. VALLES, D.D.
Archbishop of Davao CBCP President
- Walk for Life 2021 Letter to Members - Friday, February 19, 2021 11:07 am
- 46TH HEALING ROSARY FOR THE WORLD from Our Lady of Veritas Chapel in Radio Veritas846 Station - Wednesday, January 27, 2021 9:00 pm
- Taong 2020, ituring na taon ng “purification” - Wednesday, November 25, 2020 1:03 pm
- Pamahalaan, dapat ng hingin ang tulong ng International Community -Caritas Philippines - Saturday, November 14, 2020 10:06 am
- Maging handa at magdasal, panawagan ng mga Obispo sa mamamayan - Saturday, October 31, 2020 1:21 pm
- Simbahan, nanawagan ng panalangin sa kaligtasan ng mamamayan sa pananalasa ng bagyong Rolly at Siony - Friday, October 30, 2020 11:57 am
- Sambayanang Filipino, hinimok na ipagdasal si Cardinal Tagle na nagpositibo sa COVID-19 - Saturday, September 12, 2020 7:59 am
- Bantayan—at ipagdasal—ang bagong pinuno ng PhilHealth - Sunday, September 6, 2020 1:15 pm
- Caritas Manila, naglaan ng P1M para sa Masbate - Tuesday, August 25, 2020 12:31 pm
- Simbahan, nagpaabot ng pakikiisa at panalangin sa mga biktima ng lindol sa Masbate… tulong, inihahanda na. - Wednesday, August 19, 2020 7:10 am