Radio Veritas 846, the leading faith-based AM station in the Philippines, is inviting the Catholic faithful to take part in the Eucharistic Celebration on Ash Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at the Our Lady of Veritas chapel.
The Mass will be presided by Novaliches Bishop Emeritus, Most Rev. Bishop Teodoro Bacani Jr., D.D. at 12nn.
Radio Veritas President Rev. Fr. Anton C.T. Pascual invites the public to take part in the Holy Mass on Ash Wednesday.
“I invite everyone to join us at the start of the Lenten season this year by taking part on the Holy Mass on Ash Wednesday. Together, let us pray, reflect, and renew our relationship with God for a more meaningful Lent observance,” Fr. Pascual said.
He also encourages the people to fast during the Lent and take part in the “No Meat Friday National Campaign.”
“We also encourage you to fast and abstain not only during Ash Wednesday and Good Friday but in all the Fridays of Lent. This practice of penitential abstinence from meat during this time is part of self-denial and mortification in prayerful remembrance of the passion of Jesus Christ,” Fr. Pascual said.
He also said that people should make this Lenten season as an opportunity to do works of charity from whatever resources that might be attain from the penitential abstinence from meat. This, he said would enable the act of sacrifice to find holism.
Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of Lent, a season of fasting, reflection and prayer. It takes place 46 days (40 days not counting Sundays) before our Lord Jesus Christ’s Resurrection on Easter Sunday.
Ash Wednesday is observed by fasting and abstinence. The practice also includes the wearing of ashes on the foreheads of the faithful as a reminder of human sinfulness, mortality, and as a sign of mourning and repentance to God. The ashes are made from the palms blessed in the previous Palm Sunday. It symbolizes the dust from which God made us.
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and evangelization in the country today.
- A better World for all Caritas Manila receives support from Megaworld Corporation - January 8, 2020
- Caritas Damayan Mindanao telethon, isasagawa ng Radio Veritas - November 8, 2019
- Voice of Truth Radio Veritas Asia and Veritas846 launched their 50th Anniversary Coffee Table Book - November 1, 2019
- ‘Share your Christmas Campaign’ set by Caritas Manila - November 14, 2018
- SIGNIS Philippines to support Radio Veritas - November 6, 2018
- Caritas Manila to mount 2nd Celebrity Bazaar Press Conference - October 9, 2018
- Venerated images to be enthroned at Veritas Chapel - September 11, 2018
- Nuestra Señora del Mar Cautiva to grace Nativity of the Blessed Mary - September 7, 2018
- Veritas to hold 12th year of Marian Exhibit - August 24, 2018
- Radio Veritas invites the faithful to profess their pledge of devotion to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 12, 2018