The Catholic Church, through NASSA/Caritas Philippines has launched December 26 a rapid response appeal to the Caritas confederation.
“Initially, we are launching a 5.8 million pesos appeal for at least 3,000 families (15,000 individuals) severely affected by the devastation of Typhoon Vinta,” said Fr. Edwin A. Gariguez, NASSA/Caritas Philippines’ Executive Secretary.
The appeal will cover the provision of food packs, hygiene kits and capacity building on emergency preparedness and response to the provinces of Misamis Oriental, Lanao del Norte, Lanao del Sur, Compostela Valley and Davao del Norte.
After Christmas, the Catholic Church, through Caritas Manila, have already released 1.8 million pesos to the churches in Butuan, Tagum City, Zamboanga Sibugay, Cagayan de Oro City, Iligan City, Marawi City and Dipolog City.
“This is very unfortunate especially that we are still rising from the heavy damage brought about by the Marawi siege. But Filipinos are resilient and generous alike. We will be able to stand strong against these challenges,” added Archbishop Rolando Tria Tirona, National Director of NASSA/Caritas Philippines.
The national social action arm, apart from the international appeal, have also launched an online solidarity donation campaign through its Alay Kapwa program.
“We enjoin everyone to support the Church’s online solidarity campaign (https://www.facebook.com/NASS ACaritasPhilippines/ and https ://twitter.com/Caritas_PHL) to gather additional funds for the relief and early recovery efforts,” added Fr. Gariguez.
Donations maybe sent through NASSA/Caritas Philippines’ Alay Kapwa account:
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Account Holder: CBCP CARITAS FILIPINAS FOUNDATION INC.
Account No: 4951-0071-08
NASSA/Caritas Philippines is currently doing two humanitarian responses in Mindanao related to Marawi crisis with a total budget allocation of 21.6 million pesos.
NASSA/Caritas Philippines is the humanitarian, development and advocacy arm of the Catholic Bishops/ Conference of the Philippines(CBCP).
- Health services, tinututukan ng Apostolic Vicariate of Bontoc-Lagawe - May 22, 2020
- UP-PGH Chaplaincy, tinulungan ang mga “frontliners” kontra COVID-19 - March 21, 2020
- Mga parokya sa Luzon, gagamitin ding evacuation centers - September 13, 2018
- Cardinal Tagle, nagpahayag ng pag-aalala sa mga lugar na tatamaan ng bagyong Ompong - September 12, 2018
- Church social services, Palalakasin pa - August 8, 2018
- CATHOLIC CHURCH, WEGEN, INAUGURATES HISTORIC DEAL TO LIGHT UP OFF-GRID COMMUNITIES USING SOLAR ENERGY - August 1, 2018
- Pagtutulungan ng iba’t-ibang organisasyon ng Simbahan para sa mga biktima ng kalamidad, pinuri - July 30, 2018
- Caritas Manila, Nagpadala ng Cash at Relief goods sa Diocese ng Bataan, Archdiocese ng San Fernando at Lingayen-Dagupan - July 26, 2018
- Caritas Manila at Quiapo Church, Tutugon sa panawagang tulong ng Diocese of Lingayen-Dagupan,Tarlac at San Fernando Pampanga - July 23, 2018
- Diocese ng Tandag umaapela ng tulong sa mga nagsilikas na Lumad - July 21, 2018