The Catholic Church, through NASSA/Caritas Philippines has launched December 26 a rapid response appeal to the Caritas confederation.
“Initially, we are launching a 5.8 million pesos appeal for at least 3,000 families (15,000 individuals) severely affected by the devastation of Typhoon Vinta,” said Fr. Edwin A. Gariguez, NASSA/Caritas Philippines’ Executive Secretary.
The appeal will cover the provision of food packs, hygiene kits and capacity building on emergency preparedness and response to the provinces of Misamis Oriental, Lanao del Norte, Lanao del Sur, Compostela Valley and Davao del Norte.
After Christmas, the Catholic Church, through Caritas Manila, have already released 1.8 million pesos to the churches in Butuan, Tagum City, Zamboanga Sibugay, Cagayan de Oro City, Iligan City, Marawi City and Dipolog City.
“This is very unfortunate especially that we are still rising from the heavy damage brought about by the Marawi siege. But Filipinos are resilient and generous alike. We will be able to stand strong against these challenges,” added Archbishop Rolando Tria Tirona, National Director of NASSA/Caritas Philippines.
The national social action arm, apart from the international appeal, have also launched an online solidarity donation campaign through its Alay Kapwa program.
“We enjoin everyone to support the Church’s online solidarity campaign (https://www.facebook.com/NASS ACaritasPhilippines/ and https ://twitter.com/Caritas_PHL) to gather additional funds for the relief and early recovery efforts,” added Fr. Gariguez.
Donations maybe sent through NASSA/Caritas Philippines’ Alay Kapwa account:
Name of Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands
Account Holder: CBCP CARITAS FILIPINAS FOUNDATION INC.
Account No: 4951-0071-08
NASSA/Caritas Philippines is currently doing two humanitarian responses in Mindanao related to Marawi crisis with a total budget allocation of 21.6 million pesos.
NASSA/Caritas Philippines is the humanitarian, development and advocacy arm of the Catholic Bishops/ Conference of the Philippines(CBCP).
- 425 Yolanda scholars, nagtapos sa kolehiyo - April 18, 2018
- Mga residente Albay, hinimok na ipanalangin ang “Oratio Imperata for calamity”. - January 15, 2018
- Catholic Church launches 5.8 million pesos appeal for Vinta affected communities - December 27, 2017
- Cash assistance, ipinagkaloob ng Caritas Manila sa mga biktima ng bagyong Vinta at Urduja - December 26, 2017
- Caritas Manila at iba pang organisasyon ng Simbahang Katolika nagpadala na ng tulong sa mga naapektuhan ng bagyong Vinta. - December 24, 2017
- Damay Kapanalig Announcement! - December 24, 2017
- Mananamplataya dumagsa sa Simbang Gabi sa kabila ng banta ng bagyo - December 16, 2017
- Marawi Bakwits, pinagkalooban ng cash gifts ng Prelatura of Marawi - November 21, 2017
- Rehabilitasyon ng lungsod dahil sa digmaan, hamon sa Duyog Marawi - October 25, 2017
- Kinatawan ng Simbahang Katolika, sumailalim sa transformational leadership program - September 25, 2017