March 25, 2020, 3:51PM
CATHOLIC BISHOP CONFERENCE OF THE PHILIPPINES
MESSAGE FOR THE NATIONAL WEEK OF PRAYER
Archbishop Romulo G. Valles, DD
The declaration by our National Government for a National Week of Prayer is very much appreciated. It shows that we are a nation that is truly “Maka-Diyos”, a people with a deep sense of God. In the midst of the grim mystery and reality of death, of suffering, of the threats of the Corona Virus Disease we are facing, deep in our hearts, we also believe in the presence of God in our midst – a God who is merciful and compassionate, a God who is mindful of our sufferings.
And we manifest and express this conviction in these days of trial and suffering by our collective prayer as a nation. It is a prayer, I hope, that keeps us close to the Lord, and I believe that when we are close to the Lord in prayer, we will realize that the Lord to whom we pray, desires for us to be with Him in looking out for those who are the weakest and the most vulnerable in this time of crisis – the elderly, those who sickly, the young children, those in the frontlines in the tasks of of keeping us safe and well – those in the medical and health front liners, those in peace and order front liners, those who keep social services necessary operating – and those who are suffering in hunger because they have lost much of their daily income that will bring food to their tables day after day.
As we deepen our trust and confidence in the Lord as a nation, may our prayer also lead us to a rediscovery of our God-given capacity to look after others who are most in need in our midst. As a nation, let us continue praying together.
May our Lord Jesus continue to bless us; May our Blessed Mother, the Most Blessed Virgin Mary, keep is under her motherly protection.
+ ROMULO G. VALLES, D.D.
Archbishop of Davao CBCP President
- Hindi maayos na sound system, pangunahing problema sa banal na misa - Tuesday, May 4, 2021 11:49 am
- Bloody Sunday assualt, kinondena ng Caritas Philippines - Monday, March 8, 2021 4:04 pm
- Morality of using some anti-Covid 19 vaccines - Friday, January 15, 2021 4:34 pm
- Pastoral Statement on COVID-19 Vaccines in the Philippines - Friday, January 15, 2021 1:25 pm
- UST Public Affairs director, namatay sa heart attack - Monday, December 7, 2020 12:54 pm
- Digital technology,lifeline ng Simbahan sa pagpapalaganap ng Mabuting balita - Friday, December 4, 2020 1:02 pm
- Mananampalataya, inaanyayahan sa online advent recollection - Tuesday, December 1, 2020 4:18 pm
- Caritas Philippines, umaapela sa mamamayan na makiisa sa Alay Kapwa Sunday special collection - Saturday, November 14, 2020 3:21 pm
- Online education, negatibo ang epekto sa mga estudyante - Wednesday, November 11, 2020 3:03 pm
- Christ the King Sunday during the pandemic - Friday, November 6, 2020 1:25 pm