March 25, 2020, 3:51PM
CATHOLIC BISHOP CONFERENCE OF THE PHILIPPINES
MESSAGE FOR THE NATIONAL WEEK OF PRAYER
Archbishop Romulo G. Valles, DD
The declaration by our National Government for a National Week of Prayer is very much appreciated. It shows that we are a nation that is truly “Maka-Diyos”, a people with a deep sense of God. In the midst of the grim mystery and reality of death, of suffering, of the threats of the Corona Virus Disease we are facing, deep in our hearts, we also believe in the presence of God in our midst – a God who is merciful and compassionate, a God who is mindful of our sufferings.
And we manifest and express this conviction in these days of trial and suffering by our collective prayer as a nation. It is a prayer, I hope, that keeps us close to the Lord, and I believe that when we are close to the Lord in prayer, we will realize that the Lord to whom we pray, desires for us to be with Him in looking out for those who are the weakest and the most vulnerable in this time of crisis – the elderly, those who sickly, the young children, those in the frontlines in the tasks of of keeping us safe and well – those in the medical and health front liners, those in peace and order front liners, those who keep social services necessary operating – and those who are suffering in hunger because they have lost much of their daily income that will bring food to their tables day after day.
As we deepen our trust and confidence in the Lord as a nation, may our prayer also lead us to a rediscovery of our God-given capacity to look after others who are most in need in our midst. As a nation, let us continue praying together.
May our Lord Jesus continue to bless us; May our Blessed Mother, the Most Blessed Virgin Mary, keep is under her motherly protection.
+ ROMULO G. VALLES, D.D.
Archbishop of Davao CBCP President
- How Filipino’s survives COVID-19 pandemic - June 1, 2020
- We go out renewed - May 22, 2020
- 80-porsiyento ng mga Katoliko, payag na buksan na ang mga simbahan sa pampublikong pagdiriwang - May 19, 2020
- Religious gatherings, pinapayagan na sa mga lugar na nasa ilalim ng MECQ at GCQ - May 16, 2020
- Caritas Manila, nagbigay ng 5.7-milyong pisong financial assistance sa 21-Diocese at Archdiocese sa bansa - May 15, 2020
- 10.8-milyong indibidwal sa Ecclesiastical Province of Manila, nabiyayaan ng tulong ng Simbahan - May 15, 2020
- We pray as one. We heal as one. - May 8, 2020
- Radio Veritas, nanindigan sa kahalagahan ng Press freedom sa ABS-CBN shutdown - May 6, 2020
- Arsobispo, hinamon ang pamahalaan na bawiin ang go signal sa pagbubukas ng POGO sa bansa. - May 5, 2020
- Obispo, may panawagan sa pagdiriwang ng Good Shephered Sunday - May 3, 2020