March 19, 2020, 12:58PM
Kaugnay ng panawagan sa pamahalaan ng desentralisadong pagtugon sa COVID-19 outbreak, naglabas ng panuntunan ang CBCP NASSA/Caritas Philippines sa pagbuo ng mga Kindness Station sa bawat parokya na siyang tutugon sa pangangailangan ng mga apektado sa community quarantine.
GUIDELINES ON ESTABLISHING COMMUNITY KINDNESS STATIONS
1. The parishes or social action centers must identify a common place (church, convent, house with space for people, etc.) to be identified as Caritas Kindness Stations. The parish priest or the social action director must ensure that the area is spacious enough to allow at least 1 meter social distancing requirement.
2. The parish priest or social action director (and their teams) must provide safety orientations to the Stations in-charge concerning goods distribution and collection guidelines, proper hygiene, social distancing, etc.
3. Social media platforms can be used to announce the ALAY KAPWA SA PAMAYANAN: CARITAS KINDNESS STATIONS Campaign. The announcement must include details on what items are needed (food items, alcohol, face masks, vitamin supplements, etc.), and the drop off stations. Contact persons must also be provided for proper coordination.
4. The Caritas Kindness Station will only be open from 9:00 in the morning to 3:00 in the afternoon, Monday to Friday.
5. A staff or volunteer of the parish or the social action center will manage/supervise the Caritas Kindness Stations. The person in-charge must always observe proper hygiene, social distancing and be provided with face masks, hand gloves and alcohol.
6. Donors are also encouraged to provide a list of the donated items, and donor’s name and contact details, so they can just leave the donations to designated drop off points, thus lowering chances of person-to-person contact.
7. Distribution list templates can also be printed and placed beside the Caritas Kindness Stations, to be filled out by the ones getting goods.
8. After each “transaction,” the person in-charge must disinfect the area (table, ballpens, logbook, etc.) by spraying alcohol to ensure safety.
9. The staff or volunteer is also tasked to document the influx of the donations and ensure the completion of the distribution list for the beneficiaries.
10. The campaign would want to highlight the values practiced in an Honesty Store. We need to emphasize to the people coming in that they must only get what they need for the day, thinking also of others in need.
11. The only thing we would ask for in return is that each say a little prayer for those affected by the virus, for our frontline health workers, for our government officials, and for everyone’s safety.
Sa panayam ng Radyo Veritas kay Rev. Fr. Edwin Gariguez ang Executive Secretary ng NASSA/Caritas Philippines, binigyang diin nito na bagama’t may mga inisyatibo ang gobyerno sa pagtulong, kinakailangan pa ng mas maigting na aksyon lalo na para sa mga mahihirap na pinakanaapektuhan ngayon.
Sa kasalukuyan, nasa 202 na ang kumpirmadong kaso ng COVID-19 sa bansa.
Samantala, 17 naman dito ang pumanaw na. Noong ika-11 ng Marso ng ideklara ng World Health Organization ang coronavirus crisis bilang isang pandemic
- Chinese cargo vessel, hindi pinadaong ng DENR sa Homonhon island - April 7, 2020
- Gamiting inspirasyon ang mga Patron sa panahon ng pandemya - April 6, 2020
- Manindigan sa adbokasiya, paniniwala gamit ang social media - April 2, 2020
- Diocese of Borongan, walang kaso ng COVID-19 - April 1, 2020
- Magsasaka at mangingisda, apektado na ng Enchanced Community Quarantine - March 30, 2020
- Mananampalataya, inaanyayahang makiisa sa Banal na oras para sa kalikasan - March 26, 2020
- Enchanced Community Quarantine, gamitin sa pagkawanggawa. - March 25, 2020
- Simbahan, kaisa ng mamamayan sa panahon ng pangangailangan. - March 24, 2020
- Pantawid Gutom Program, inilunsad ng San Antonio Abad Parish - March 23, 2020
- Pangalagaan ang kalikasan sa gitna ng epidemya - March 23, 2020