Dear God our Father:
Today I pray for those feeling low, for those having the blues lately when everything seems to be going wrong in their lives, feeling they have been forgotten, not cared for and not loved.
Please touch their hearts, enkindle the flames within them in continuing to serve you because You do love them.
Teach me Lord how I can let them know or feel and experience your encouraging words in today’s first reading:
Brothers and sisters: God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love you have demonstrated for his name by having served and continuing to serve the holy ones. We earnestly desire each of you to demonstrate the same eagerness for the fulfillment of hope until the end, so that you may not become sluggish, but imitators of those who, through faith and patience, are inheriting the promises.
Increase, O God, the inspiration and zeal of those serving you by continuing to be open to Your Son Jesus Christ our eternal High Priest who had gone to your presence to bring us closer to You more than ever, especially when our skies are dark and gloomy.
I pray, dear Father, in the most special way for all of our medical frontliners in the fight against COVID-19 to never lose hope despite the dismal way how things are going on in our country in this time of the pandemic; touch the hearts of those losing hope in fighting for what is true and just, for those striving to contribute to make this world a better place to live in with their contributions in the sciences and to the society.
Assure them, O Lord, that all your promises of salvation and healing will be fulfilled soon by experiencing your loving presence in the celebrations of the Holy Eucharist.
Like the apostles in the gospel today, may those working for improving human life in various sectors of the society experience Jesus Christ’s love and defense for them against those trying to discredit them. May their love for others, for the country, for the Church, and for You, Lord, mature according to Your will. Amen.
- Contrasts in Lent, contrasts in life | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Thursday, March 4, 2021 10:35 am
- Things we ask God | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Wednesday, March 3, 2021 10:27 am
- Sincerity of God, hypocrisy of human | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Tuesday, March 2, 2021 10:09 am
- “All Right” by Christopher Cross (1983) | The Lord Is My Chef Sunday Music by Fr. Nick F. Lalog II, 28 February 2021 - Sunday, February 28, 2021 2:33 pm
- The ups and downs from Lent to Easter | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Saturday, February 27, 2021 10:39 am
- Our good God | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Friday, February 26, 2021 2:55 pm
- Learning to pray again in Lent - Thursday, February 25, 2021 2:53 pm
- Be surprised this Lent | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Wednesday, February 24, 2021 10:02 am
- Praying to “smell like sheep” | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Monday, February 22, 2021 10:17 am
- The joy of Lent | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Friday, February 19, 2021 10:18 am