It is Lent again, Lord; forty days of prayer forty days of sacrifices forty days of good works forty days of silence and self-control forty days of preparations for Easter. Forgive us that we always forget our daily life is essentially a daily Lent: a daily exodus of going to the wilderness filled with temptations and calls for fidelity to your love and person.
In this time of COVID-19 when so many of us are suffering, help me, O Lord not to be carried by feelings and emotions of the Lenten Season; give me the courage to see beyond ordinary things, to care more and share even with the least that I have, to find more reasons to forgive and understand most of all, to be fair and just with everyone.
Let me find my way back to you, Lord in this time when everything and everyone I have is quickly disappearing or have been gone or lost; despite the face masks we wear, let me look more into the eyes of others to see your image and likeness; let me wash my hands clean of evil and deceit as I keep distance from occasions of sins and most of all, let me empty myself of pride to realize and experience again my one and only, first true love is you, alone, O dearest God. Amen.
- Lent is for dreaming again | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Friday, March 5, 2021 7:18 am
- Contrasts in Lent, contrasts in life | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Thursday, March 4, 2021 10:35 am
- Things we ask God | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Wednesday, March 3, 2021 10:27 am
- Sincerity of God, hypocrisy of human | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Tuesday, March 2, 2021 10:09 am
- “All Right” by Christopher Cross (1983) | The Lord Is My Chef Sunday Music by Fr. Nick F. Lalog II, 28 February 2021 - Sunday, February 28, 2021 2:33 pm
- The ups and downs from Lent to Easter | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Saturday, February 27, 2021 10:39 am
- Our good God | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Friday, February 26, 2021 2:55 pm
- Learning to pray again in Lent - Thursday, February 25, 2021 2:53 pm
- Be surprised this Lent | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Wednesday, February 24, 2021 10:02 am
- Praying to “smell like sheep” | 40 Shades of Lent by Fr. Nicanor F. Lalog II - Monday, February 22, 2021 10:17 am