Thousands of Catholic faithful are expected to converge at the Quirino Parade Grounds to take part in the “Walk for Life” and stand for the value and dignity of human life.
The Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines’ Episcopal Commission on the Laity through its lay arm, the Sangguniang Laiko ng Pilipinas, will organize a “Walk for Life” on February 18, 2017 at the Quirino Parade Grounds in Rizal Park, Manila to put forward the advocacy for the care, protection and defense of all human life from conception to natural death, as well as due process for law offenders, humane treatment of criminals and adequate rehabilitation for those involved in drugs.
The CBCP Episcopal Commission on the Laity Chairman and Manila Auxiliary Bishop Broderick Pabillo said that the event will be an expression of the public’s opposition against the problems in the society that threatens the dignity and sanctity of life including the imposition of death penalty, abortion, the proposed laws on divorce and same-sex unions and planned distribution of condoms in school.
For her part, the Sangguniang Laiko ng Pilipinas National President Zenaida Capistrano said that “Walk for Life” is not a protest rather, it is an expression of the gratitude for the gift of life that is given by God.
The event will begin at 4:30am with Mrs. Capistrano to welcome the participants. The walk will start at 5:00am. There will also be a short program after the walk that will commence with a Doxology to be performed by the members of Don Bosco Youth Center in Tondo, Manila.
Glee Nette Gaddi and Ooberfuse will also render musical presentations for the participants. Meanwhile, Bishop Pabillo will give a short inspirational talk to be followed by the Panalangin ng Bayan, and Praise and Worship to be led by the Couples for Christ Global. Walk for Life is expected to culminate at 8:00am.
As of February 15, 2017, about 8, 000 individuals have registered for the event not including members of the clergy from the parishes, schools, religious congregations and lay organizations.
For inquiries, please call 527 5388 or 527 3124 and look for Mr. Joseph Jesalva.
- Catholics invited to take part on the Ash Wednesday Mass at Veritas Chapel - February 27, 2017
- Veritas Truth Forum to talk about the proposed revival of Death Penalty - February 24, 2017
- 48 Days to win at Radio Veritas 48th anniversary on-air promo - February 24, 2017
- The Shack advance screening at Greenbelt 1, Feb. 25 - February 23, 2017
- Activist nuns to talk about the spirit of EDSA 1 at Radyo Veritas - February 23, 2017
- Catholics invited to join the Veritas Lenten Pilgrimage - February 21, 2017
- Cardinal Tagle to grace the Serviam Community book launch - February 17, 2017
- Sangguniang Laiko organizes ‘Walk for Life’ - February 17, 2017
- CALL FOR DONATIONS FOR THE VICTIMS OF 6.7 MAGNITUDE EARTHQUAKE IN SURIGAO DEL NORTE - February 13, 2017
- Archdiocese of Manila marks 25th World Day of the Sick - February 10, 2017